Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Edisto 2014

I can't believe our summer beach trip has come and gone. For that matter, I can't believe this summer has almost come and gone. This has been the fastest summer of my life. But also? The best. Sure, there have been many, MANY trying moments as I learn to be a Momma of three. But I cannot begin to describe how much I absolutely love being a Momma to three. To my three. To my 4-year-old, 2-year-old, and 3-month-old. It's the best. 

But I digress. 

I had a feeling this beach trip would be one for the books. And man oh man, was it ever. Eight adults. Eight kids. One house. One week. Countless memories. 

I took hundreds of photos. But. I thought I'd document my Top 10 Highlights from our 2014 Edisto Beach trip and just share a "few" of the photos. So. In no particular order...

TEN.
Going on a shell hunt with my oldest kiddos. Our Nana and Pop were so sweet to get all eight grandchildren personalized shell bags. So, one afternoon, I took Banks and Raleigh so we could fill them up, knowing we would later spend some time painting our Edisto shell treasures, which we did yesterday. 






NINE.
Seeing my baby boy get his toes in the sand for the first time. Although we sadly had to keep him indoors the second half of the week after he got some sort of eye infection, he was able to enjoy the first half with his toes in the sand, rockin' a baby swimsuit and shades like nobody's business while catching several beachside naps.  

 






EIGHT.
I was crossing all my fingers and toes that my baby sister would go into labor a few days before her due date so that I could be there for her first baby's birth. You see, my youngest sister lives in Charleston, which is a short 45-minute drive from Edisto. I was doubtful. But alas. I got the call from my brother-in-law our third day at the beach. I cannot begin to describe how excited I was! I loaded up Harrison (since I would need to nurse him throughout the day) and we headed to Charleston, where my parents, my brother and his wife and my niece, and my youngest sister's mother-in-law waited and waited and waited for sweet Skylar Ann to make her debut. And then she did. And she was perfect. And it was amazing!






SEVEN.
Spending one-on-one time with each of my littles. Whether it be doing a little bird watching with Banks, wave jumping with Raleigh, or walking the sand with Harrison, I made it a point to spend special moments with each of my babies, alone, and I loved every single second. 





SIX.
Every year, the Dads take a half-day for golfing, and we Mommas are re-paid with a half-day trip to Charleston for shopping and lunch. I look forward to it every year, and after a yummy Mexican lunch on King Street, we ladies scored some great shopping finds! It was even worth the parking ticket I managed to get after failing to re-fill the parking meter. Oops. And you're welcome, Charleston meter maids. The check is in the mail. :/



FIVE.
Another annual tradition is to have family photos made. We use the same photographer each year and do a big group shot, and grandparent/grandchildren shot, individual family shots, and then just the kiddos playing around on the beach. This year, my sister-in-law, of Goat & Lulu, made all of the kids adorable, coordinating outfits that looked so cute in the photos. I just love having this annual documentation of our family and seeing how it changes with each passing year!














FOUR.
Our last night at the beach, with all eight kiddos tucked away in bed, all eight of us grown-ups had a jolly ol' time playing beer pong, flip cup, and Catchphrase, laughing and chatting the whole way through. I loved it!



THREE.
Cousin play time. Is there anything better than family that are also friends? Although we don't get to see everyone in the family nearly as much as I would like to, it is so nice knowing that we can always count on Edisto to bring us all together. 










TWO.
The views. Oh man. The views in Edisto are like no other. 





ONE.
Okay, I know I said in no particular order, but this was my favorite memory of the whole trip this year: My little family of five decided, at my hub's request, to take a family walk down the beach in the evening. We walked down to the Edisto pier and then watched as Banks and Raleigh ran and laughed and ran and laughed some more before we headed back to our beach house. Once we got back, we surprised them with a little kite-flying, which they LOVED!





Until next year, Edisto. Thanks for the newest memories...



No comments:

Post a Comment