Friday, September 19, 2014

Five on Friday: Family Five Edition

Whew! What.A.Week. Between school, multiple playdates, coffee with an old friend, a traveling hub, and the usual chaos that comes with our "new normal" of being a family o' five, it was a full but fun week! I thought I'd do a little something different for this "Five On Friday": a quick update on each of the five members of my little family. So...

[ONE].
My hub. God bless my hard-working hub, who has been putting in long hours since starting his new role with his new company several months ago, but who also always, ALWAYS carves out plenty of time for his family each and every day he is home. My hub is a very involved and present dad, one who knows how and when to put his work away when it comes to family time. He knows how important it is to spend quality time with his children and makes it a point to make each of his sons and daughter feel special, carving out individual time for them on a regular basis. It is very typical to find him wrestling with his oldest buddy before bedtime, telling his daughter every.single.morning that she is beautiful, and making his littlest guy giggle like no other. He is simply the best, and we adore him. 

New toy construction with Banks

Giggles with Harrison

School prep pep talks with Raleigh
Nightly wrestling session

[TWO].
Moi. Let's see. Well, if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, or follow me on Instagram, I think it's probably pretty clear that I very proud to be a Momma, one who is surrounded daily by my kiddos who teach me and challenge me and love me and improve me every single moment. I absolutely adore being a Momma to three children. I love their age differences (27 months between Banks and Raleigh; 27 months between Raleigh and Harrison!) because it allows me to tap into the different needs of my children in different ways. I also love that my hub and I moved to a new town two years ago knowing absolutely no one and have made many amazing, close friendships since that time. I love that I am able to find at least a little time to do some of the things I enjoy, namely writing, working out, and baking, on a fairly regular basis, even during this very busy and hands-on-mommahood season of life. I love that I am growing in my faith, in the company of an awesome church and LifeGroup. In short, despite some self-improvement goals I hope to focus on over the next year, I readily recognize that I am living a very happy and blessed life. And I am thankful every day for it.  

My heart. 
My soul.
My love.

[THREE]. 
You guys. I seriously could not be prouder of my oldest son. Banks is just turning out to be this amazing kid. One who is "extremely bright" (as his new teacher shared) but also well-mannered and sweet and kind. One who loves nothing more than playing with Transformers and bugs and race cars and sports figures but can also be found playing dolls with his sister, at her request. He loves all things sports and is, clearly, who his younger brother loves most in this world. And while my Banks certainly has a lot of energy, it's been nice to be able to help him expend some of that outdoors when the weather cooperates. He has always been an early riser, as in, sometimes awake before 6:00 am and always, ALWAYS, awake before 6:30 am. Further, from the time he wakes up, he is ready to go, go, go. Perhaps that's why he still naps some days--because his long and lean body (have I mentioned he's been in the 90+ percentile for height and weight since birth) just needs a break sometimes. :) I have no doubt that he will be a breeze next year when it comes to getting up and out the door in time for kindergarten. He is all boy, my Banks, my sunshine. And man. Do I love him.


[FOUR]. 
Raleigh. Oh, Raleigh, Raleigh, Raleigh. I mean, first of all, I just adore this daughter of mine. She is smart and kind and nurturing and lovable, oh so lovable. Her golden ringlets halt strangers in their tracks, as they always stop to remark about her beautiful hair (and then I always wonder aloud where it came from. Not me! Not her Daddy!). I often stare at her and just thank the good Lord that she's mine. And she is a smart little thang, that's for sure--one who is well-spoken and thoughtful and observant. She is also a girly girl, one who loves jewelery and heels and princess dresses as well as having her nails and toes painted. But our Rals. Oh man, does she keep us on our toes. She knows exactly how to push just the right buttons to drive her big brother, and in turn, her Momma, nuts. She is extremely attuned to what she is/not supposed to do and has quite a bit of trouble with her "listening ears" these days. And also? Despite having a fabulous first couple days of preschool has now decided to regress, as in, they have had to pull her hysterical body out of my car the last three drop-offs. But y'all? I could not love this little girl, every single inch of her, any more if I tried.


[FIVE].
My precious Harrison Robert. Oh good Lord. This kid just has me completely and totally wrapped around his bear-cub fingers. Despite our rough journey with dairy/soy intolerance and acid reflux the first couple months of his life, he has grown to become just the happiest, smiley-est, go-with-the-flow-est little boy. He nurses well (6 to 7 times a day), has had no problem adjusting to the taste/texture of solids since being introduced to them a few weeks ago, and is sleeping anywhere from 10 to 12 hours at night now. He'll take a paci in the car sometimes but is starting to suck his left thumb, just like his older brother did around this age. He does not particularly enjoy being in the car, I think mainly becomes he is a mover and a shaker these days, rolling all over the place and wanting to sit up rather than stay reclined. And while I think he is starting to look more like Raleigh did as a baby, I think many of his photos these days are the spitting image of mine when I was a wee one. I just love our Harrison with all my heart and wish time would seriously slooooow down--my last baby is growing too fast for my Momma heart!


And there you have it. A little mushy. A little braggy. But also, a little time stamp of how my family o' five is doing during this week in September 2014. And with that, have an awesome weekend. We have big plans for a little spa time with friends and consignment shopping for me as well as a bounce house birthday party and lots of football watching. That being said...Go Tigers! Beat the 'Noles!

No comments:

Post a Comment