Sunday, September 14, 2014

Splish, Splash: Banks' 5th Birthday Bash

Y'all. 

There was an 80% change of rain. Eighty. Percent. 

Instead, do you know what happened at Banks' 5th Birthday Party? 

This.



It was overcast all morning. Allll morning. Dark clouds. And then? Then the clock struck 2:00. And the sun came out. And stayed out. And I said...Thank you, Lord!! Because y'all? I prayed all week for good weather for Banks' party. I know that's silly. I know there are much more important things to pray for. But still. I asked for a little help from the Man upstairs. And he delivered. The weather was absolutely PERFECT. 

And now, without further review: Splish, Splash, Banks' 5th Birthday Bash!

The guest of honor.




The invitation.
I found these adorable invitations at Oriental Trading. Much different than anything I've done before but absolutely awesome for our pool/beach theme! And while I was able to hand-deliver all invitations to the party guests, the reviews of these invitations assure that they can also be mailed!



The set up. 
The venue was my neighborhood pool, which also has this big, awesome pavilion adjacent to it (and a playground right next to that). I set up the food and drink tables under it. 


The food table.
Because the party was from 2:00-4:00 pm, we provided some light snacks, candy, and cupcakes for the kiddos, all within the realm of the pool/beach theme, of course!


I got these adorable printables, including the banner, food labels, water bottle labels, and thank you notes (being mailed to you soon, sweet gift givers!) from etsy seller, Sprout My Party, who was awesome to work with!








One of my favorite parts of the party (duh!): the cupcakes! While I home-made the cupcakes and icing, the fondant toppers came from amazing etsy seller Harriet's House of Cakes

The drink/favor table. 
And for the drinks, we offered "Pool Water" as well as bottled water for the kiddos (and some summer beer for the adults, too). And for favors? Water guns and sunglasses, of course!








The party plan. 
First, the kiddos swam, swam, swam in the summer sun. 






Next, the birthday boy opened gifts and blew out the candle on his birthday party cupcake. 





Finally, the birthday buddy and friends logged in some time on the playground, which is adjacent to the pool. 





Without a doubt, I think it's safe to say we all had a BLAST welcoming in Banks' 5th birthday! And our little family can't wait to celebrate his actual birthday later this month with one more special outing planned. Happy (early!) Birthday, Banks!


2 comments:

  1. You are so creative and have some of the best ideas!
    I get lots of good ones from you ;)
    keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!!!! Every little detail was perfect, of course. <3

    ReplyDelete