Friday, March 1, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend: Hello, March! Edition

Is it just me or was February 2019 the fastest month on record? I mean, man! It flew by! And now, March has arrived, which means we are that much closer to consistently warmer weather and beautiful sunny days. Bring.Them.On. 

Only one post this week as (1) I got into a car accident mid-week (Raleigh and I are fine - the other driver's car was totalled but he is okay, too, aside from some air bag burn, thank goodness), and (2) I was pretty under the weather the first half of the week: I went to bed Sunday night perfectly fine and awoke two hours later with the most excruciating ear infection. My entire right ear was throbbing, my lymph node was swollen like crazy, and I was having to force myself to breathe, it hurt so badly. It literally kept me up all night and I was just hoping and hoping that my eardrum would rupture already, which sounds odd, but I knew if it did, I would have immediate relief from the crazy throbbing and intense pressure. And finally, right around 5:00 am, it did. It ruptured. When I went to see the doc, he took one look in my ear and literally said, "YIKES. Now THAT's impressive." While the pain is gone, my ear is in a state of constant tinnitus (ringing) and my hearing is muffled. :/ BUT I'll take it for the pain to be gone. It should take about two months for the ear drum to heal - I'm hoping the tinnitus doesn't last that long. Guess we'll see. Oh and HEAD'S UP GROWN-UPS: I was the fourth adult with an ear infection my doctor had seen that very day. Apparently, there is something strange going around. 

Anywho, there's my very long-winded way of explaining why I just have one post for this week. I have some fun posts planned for the upcoming weeks, though, so hopefully I can crank out more than one next week. On that note, here are a few things we're saying CHEERS to this first weekend of March 2019: 

Oscars Red Carpet Viewing Party. Last Sunday marked the 5th Annual Lu Ladies Red Carpet Viewing Party. My Raleigh has always loved dresses; so, 5 years ago, we started a tradition of getting all glammed up (hair! make up! fancy dresses!) and watching the Red Carpet Pre-Oscars show together. And well, it all went down again last Sunday! It is always one of my most favorite nights of the year with my sweet girls! 







Man crush. I need a minute to express every ounce of gratitude I possibly can for my hub. He is my very best friend and my partner in life, and I don't know what I'd do without him. Case in point: On Monday, Bella had to go to the children's hospital in Charlotte to have a CT scan of her head and a sedated MRI of her spine completed. A few weeks ago, my hub offered to take her. Scan days are stressful: she can't eat anything all day on the day of the scans (which, on this day, meant no food from 7:00 pm the night before until 5:00 pm the next day, when she awoke from sedation). Not surprisingly, she is usually pretty hangry, upset, and confused when she wakes from the procedures. Not only that, but it is heart-wrenching to cradle your child in your arms as they are sedated and witness them suddenly going lifeless. And then, the waiting - sitting in the waiting room while the procedures are being done, waiting in the recovery room, watching your child like a hawk and willing her to wake up from sedation, worrying why it's taking long...It is just HARD. My hub knows this. And he offered to take charge of it all that day. <3 



This also ended up being the day that I had been up all night with the ear infection; so, not only did he spend all day at the hospital with Bella, before they even left to go, he got the rest of our three kiddos up, dressed, fed, and out the door to school while letting me rest in bed all day long. THEN, after arriving home from the hospital at 6:15 pm, he was back out the door with Banks at 6:45 pm to assistant coach his baseball team. 

Clay, you are just the BEST. I could not do this without you and am so thankful to have you as my partner in life. I love you.

Bella's scans. Also, we are CHEERsing the fact that Bels handled those scans, and that loooooong day, like a BOSS. Homegirl is just so tough...and yet so adorably sweet. We are so proud of her! 



Spring it on. Welp, spring sports have officially begun! Well...two of the three sports have at least. Both Banks and Harrison started their baseball seasons this week. Sadly, due to field conditions, flag football was postponed this week for Raleigh but hopefully the never-ending rains have maybe, sort of, mostly ended? If not, we may need to buy a canoe at some point...perhaps an ark...

Book club. I have always loved to read but put it on the back burner for many years due to, well, other obligations in life. ;) But, I have committed myself to read at least two books a month, every month, this year, and am off to a great start. What's more, several neighborhood girlfriends and I met up one evening this week for our first meeting of our now monthly book club! We each read Where the Crawdads Sing (absolutely LOVED it!!) and had so much fun discussing it. We have already chosen the book for this month, and I can't wait to devour it and then discuss it with my book club buds. So fun! 



A little paint job. I mentioned in a previous post that we have a few changes we are planning to make to our home this year, some small and some big. One of those happened this week, as we decided to repaint our front door from the stain it bore since the day it was built back in 2008 to a newer, fresher look. Compliments to my favorite painter (my hub ;) ) : 


And that's that, y'all. Tomorrow is one of my most favorite events of the year here in the Mill: the Greenway Gala! We have gone all three years it has been held and cannot WAIT for the shenanigans that are sure to ensue tomorrow. Several girlfriends and I will be hanging at our sweet friend's house alllllll day getting our hair and make-up done before getting all dressed up and waiting for our dates to arrive! Then, we'll be ready to gala the night away! In the past I have rented dresses from "Rent The Runway," and I am doing the same this year (although I opted for something a little different this go 'round ;) ). It arrived last night and luckily, it fits! Can't wait to share more about this fundraising event we love so much next week. Until then, y'all have a great one! Happy March to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment