Friday, March 22, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend, Spring Sports Edition

I know, I know. Another one-post week. I actually had another post all cued up and ready to go, but to be honest, it was a really tough week 'round these parts. Really tough. So, I am saving that fluff-filled post for next week and am just going to focus on what we're saying CHEERS to this week/end to brighten my spirits and welcome in Spring:

Flag Football. Spring games have officially arrived! Let me start by sharing a little about my Raleigh Jane, who ROCKED.IT.OUT. in her first ever flag football game last night with two TDs and an awesome defensive play, too! She's been practicing hard during her twice weekly practices and last night, got to put all that hard work to use during Game 1. She is a proud Cowboygirl, and I loved seeing my girl do her thang on that football field. Go Raleigh! Go Cowboys!



Teeball. Unfortunately, Harrison's first teeball game of the year was rained out last Saturday #boo. Fortunately, he has another game bright and early this Saturday #yay. Unfortunately, I'll have to miss it #boo Fortunately, he'll have his own cheering section in the rest of the Lu Crew. #yay Since his game was cancelled, and the rest of our fam had plans that afternoon, he and I snuck away for a quick Momma Date. <3 Love him so much!!



Kid-pitch Baseball. And then there's Banks, who subbed in with one of the awesome, local travel baseball teams in a tournament last weekend. I was SO proud of him. He had one friend on the team and had never played in a kid-pitch game, but he stepped in and contributed, and the team ended up bringing home the championship! Without a doubt, my favorite moment was in Game 1. He had struck out twice and was in tears. My Bankster is super, duper intense competitive, loves playing sports like no other, and wasn't used to repeatedly striking out - this kid-pitch stuff is a whole different ball game, we quickly learned. He was disappointed and told me he felt embarrassed in his own performance. So, I went to the dugout to encourage him, and then the awesome coach went over and spent time with him, lifting his spirits and giving him some tips. Next at bat? Two balls. Two strikes. In comes the pitch and.......THWACK!!! The ball goes sailing through the air, earning Banks a double. I could immediately see his confidence boost and could feel the smile on his face. It was awesome. Go Banks! And Go Titans!





And then, he had his first two rec games of the year this week, on Monday and Thursday nights. He took the mound as the starting pitcher, and I was so proud of him - I know he was nervous but as the innings went on, his nerves fell away and his pitches become faster and more accurate. And then last night? The kiddo hit his first ever grand slam. Have I mentioned this kid loves nothing more than being on the field? As of today, our Riverdogs are 2-0. Way to go, kiddos! Keep it up! Love this sweet team. <3


Daddy-Daughter Dance. In non-sports-related news, last Saturday was the annual Daddy-Daughter Dance, and while Raleigh and her Daddy have gone the last three years, this was Bella's first time to go! And they had so much fun!! <3







And that's all I've got in me this week, y'all. A dear friend and I are headed to our church's women's conference today and tomorrow, and then my hub and I are headed to a little grill out tomorrow night. ;) Should be a fun weekend that concludes with yard work and family time on Sunday. Just what the doctor ordered. Here's hoping for a great weekend for all and better week for my Lu Crew and me next week. Be back Monday with my fluff-filled post. :) Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment