Friday, March 29, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend, So Long March Edition

Well. Hellooooooo 3-day weekend! Woot! And yet, don't you hate when you wake up at 4:15 am (!!!!) with no alarm. Bleh! BUT the kiddos are off from school today, and we have BEAUTIFUL weather forecasted today and tomorrow; so, if you need us, we will all be outside from now until forever. Amen. 

This was a pretty low-key week so not a whole lot of crazy fun to share, but here are a few things we are saying CHEERS to as we welcome in the weekend: 

Gamers. We love sports. Period. End of story. Oh, and I am just a smiiiiiiiiidge competitive; so, I am loving all these spring sports games my kiddos are having multiple times a week!  I love cheering on my kiddos and my friends' kiddos, and it is all just so FUN for this momma! Does it make the week nights crazy? Absolutely. But I still love it!

Banks' baseball team is now 2-0-1 (this week's game ended in a tie!). He also got to sub in with the Titans travel baseball team again last Saturday; so, this kiddo has been seeing lots of time on the baseball field and loving it. 


Raleigh had her second flag football game last night (Go Cowboys!), and this time the whole fam was able to cheer her on since we didn't have any conflicting practices/games. Guys. This girl is killin' it so far this season! She gives it her all on that field - staring down those boys and running as hard and as fast as she can down the field. It is SO FUN to watch her do her thing! She also had parent observation week in dance this week, and I am so excited about her upcoming recital. :) 


Harrison had his first game last weekend and did GREAT! He made two outs at first and had a great at-bat. Can't wait to watch him play in person tomorrow since I had to miss last Saturday's game. He loves being on a field just as much as his big brother!



And Bels is just along for the ride. I cannot wait for the time to come to sign her up for sports. She is going to be a rockstar out there, I just know it! <3



Women's conference. If y'all saw my post from Wednesday, then you know I was in the front row of the struggle bus last week. So let me tell y'all, the women's conference I attended Friday/Saturday in Charlotte via our church could not have come at a more perfect time. There is SO much I intend to share from last weekend, but that's going to take an entire post (coming soon!). Let's just say it was life-changing and life-giving, and I have already put several things into practice in my life that I learned from it. So, so, so very thankful for the words spoken, the tears shed, and the treasured time I got to spend with a dear friend. <3




Book rec. I decided at the start of the year to make it a goal to read two books per month all year. So far, I am 3 for 3 this year, and am planning to dive into my next book (which is already selected and comes highly recommended!) next week. But before I do, I have to tell y'all about the book I just finished: It is now one of my all-time favorites: The Glass Castle. So, so good. AND I found out they turned it into a movie a couple years ago with a fantastic cast. There is no way the movie will be as good as the book, but I am definitely planning to watch it soon! Also, remember the last book I loved, Where the Crawdads Sing? Well, Reese Witherspoon is now producing it into a movie! So pumped!



Murder mystery grill out. I know y'all have likely seen these murder mystery kits all over  the internet these days. Last year, some friends and I decided we wanted to give it a try (and yet, we are STILL trying to find a date that works to get the thing scheduled!). In the meantime, my hub and I already had a grill out on the calendar with several other couples. So us girls, and our workout buddy hubbies (they've been working out together at 5:00 am every weekday for nearly three years now!), made plans for the get together, and then someone suggested we turn it into a murder mystery cookout - ha! Y'all, it was so fun. I seriously cannot wait to do it again. So, if you have ever considered doing one with friends, do it! It's so easy: just order the kit online and then you are able to download all of the necessary documents needed to carry it out, assign characters ahead of time so everyone can come dressed in the appropriate costume attire, etc. So fun! Can't wait to do it again!




And that's it y'all! We've got a busy but fun weekend ahead with beautiful weather on the menu. Can't beat that! I have so many posts I want to share; so, hopefully more to come soon! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment