Friday, March 15, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend, St. Pat's Edition

The last few weeks have just been chock full of some extra things going on throughout my days, but I am determined to get at LEAST one blog post out per week because (1) I love to write, (2) I am trying to maintain this virtual scrapbook the best I can, and (3) this serves as a little "me time" and I refuse to give it up. :) 

All that being said, can I first give a big fat CHEERS to the gorgeous weather we've had this week?! Here in the Mill, it has basically rained for 8,957 days straight. But not this week. No siree Bob. We had beautiful sunshine and temperatures in the upper 60s and lower 70s. And all the mommas said, AMEN. And what's a sure sign that Spring is just around the bend? When my driveway looks like this, and there are simultaneously 10 sweet kiddos playing in my backyard. LOVE IT: 


I will say, though that the cold and rainy days were actually put to good use around here. Last weekend, all of the kids' rooms, as well as the playroom, were deep cleaned and re-organized, with boatloads being taken to charity and the rest being taken to our trashcan. ;) I still have a few more spaces I'd like to organize and purge before Spring officially arrives, but we have definitely made good use of our rainy days over here. But still? Bring.It.On., sunshine. We have missed you so! 

A few things I'm saying CHEERS to this week/end:

Kindergarten or bust. As of Wednesday, my smart, hilarious, sweet, athletic little peanut, Harrison, is now registered for kindergarten. And can I get a huge round of applause for the fact that all FOUR of my babies will be at the SAME school next year?! Woooohoooo!!! 







250th Barre3 class. I forgot to mention this exciting milestone last week, but I was so excited when I walked into one of my usual morning B3 sessions and learned that that day marked my 250th class at Barre3! I had met the same milestone at Pure Barre a couple years ago before switching over to B3, which means I have banked over 500 barre classes over the last few years. I share that to say, PLEASE JOIN ME for a barre class anytime! Y'all know I won't promote or share anything I don't whole-heartedly believe in. Barre is the reason this momma o' four is sane. I shared this on Instagram after hitting 250 B3 classes last week and thought I'd share it again here because it is just so true:

When I think of Barre3 Fort Mill, I think of LIGHT. I leave every single class feeling inspired, strong, and full of light. This morning, I was surprised to learn I had reached a milestone of 250 classes at B3 - those 250 hours have brought more friendships, inspiration, joy, strength, and LIGHT into my life, and I am so thankful for the sanity saver that is my Barre3. They gifted me with a bracelet to commemorate the milestone, and I was told to choose one from a number of options, each with different sayings. As soon as I saw the words, I knew which one was mine. Barre3 Fort Mill, thank you for being my light. I will do my best to spread it around. 



So, please, let me know if you ever want to join me - no benefits for me for you joining, aside from the enjoyment of your company (and your first class is free). <3 Join me, won't you? You will LOVE it. 


Junie B. Jones. Last Sunday, Raleigh and I joined my sister and my niece to see the absolutely adorable play, Junie B. Jones, which was put on by the cutest, most talented young cast and sponspored by the best orthodontics practice around, TLOrthodontics. ;) Such a fun afternoon with some of my favorites. <3



The spontaneous parent. I am the organized, scheduled, routinized parent. I keep us in line and on time. But thank goodness for my hub, who is the spontaneous ying to my scheduled yang. He is so fun. And last weekend, after being stuck indoors yet again thanks to the aforementioned never-ending rain, he declared we needed some family fun. Off to Dave & Busters we went! I am so thankful for his OCD-less, ready-for-fun, no plans-needed personality. :)




And that's that, y'all. I still have several posts I intend to write (one serious, one fun!) but just need a little extra time to get it done. So, hopefully they'll be coming soon. For now, the weekend has again arrived. Yahoo! And it'll be a fun one for my Lu Crew: Raleigh is going to a girls-only event tomorrow morning and then she and Bella will be whisked away that afternoon to the Daddy-Daughter Dance with their daddy. <3 Meanwhile, Harrison has his first teeball game of the season bright and early tomorrow morning! He scrimmaged at practice earlier this week, and while he may be the littlest peanut on the field, the kid has QUITE the arm: he launched two beautiful, perfectly thrown, fast balls from near 3rd base straight to 1st. Go get 'em, sweet boy! We'll be cheering loud and proud! And Banks has a special weekend, too: while we have opted out of any travel ball for our kiddos, he was asked to sub in this weekend for a local travel team who has a player with a family emergency and can't make the tournament this weekend. So, Banks will be a temporary Titan this weekend, with two games on Saturday and two on Sunday. And he is PUMPED. Go Titans! 

Have a great weekend, y'all! Hopefully you have a little bit of this:


And a little bit of this:


And Happy St. Patrick's Day, to all! Remember to wear something green on Sunday. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment