Friday, March 8, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend, TGIF Edition

Bless.It.All. 

Sheesh, y'all. This was just one of those weeks, one where I constantly felt stressed and pulled in a million directions and as if my brain had 6,572 tabs open at one time. It was just TOO much. I found out my graduate institution is SHUTTING DOWN, effective immediately. Enter panic by my graduate school friends and me. For this momma, who fully intends to re-enter the clinical psychology/neurospychology world in the near future, I spent hours consulting with peers, waiting on hold with my grad school's IT department, re-establishing my grad student account portal, and repeatedly attempting to request sealed transcripts be sent to the South Carolina and North Carolina psychology licensing boards, etc., all before the program completely shuts down...today. Yikes, y'all. Talk about STRESS.

So, I am oh-so-thankful to see the weekend arrive, one with few scheduled plans and lots of family time penciled in. <3 On that note, just a few quick things I'm saying CHEERS to as we whole-heartedly welcome in the weekend: 

Greenway Gala. Last Saturday, I got to spend alllllll day with my girls, getting all glitzed and glammed by a super talented hair and make-up artist. It was so good for the soul. And THEN, our handsome fellas arrived and it was off to my most favorite event of the year: The Greenway Gala (and for this, our fourth year at the gala, I opted for a short dress, which was so fun to dance in!). 






This year's theme was the "Greatest Gala on Earth," and it was, hands down, the best gala to date. The decor was amazing, the food and drinks were delicious (with virtually no lines all night!), the band was so fun, and the company was not to be beat. We had so much fun and cannot wait to do it all again next year! 










So long, teeth. We are losing teeth left and right 'round these parts. In anticipation of Banks getting braces, and at the recommendation of our amazing orthodontist (did I mention she is my beautiful and brilliant sister, Dr. Whitney, of Tripp Leitner Orthodontics?), he had two teeth pulled this week and will have two more pulled next week. He's got some adult teeth coming in at funky angles, so we needed to get those suckers out so we can get some braces on! Banks was very nervous going in but was so brave and did an AWESOME job throughout the appointment. Also, I'll spare y'all the photo, but his were the biggest teeth I have EVER seen. :0


Spring sports. Annnnnnnd Spring sports have officially begun. Our current practice schedule? 

Monday: Baseball for Banks. 
Tuesday: Flag football for Raleigh. Tball for Harrison. (same time, two different locations). 
Wednesday: Dance for Raleigh. Baseball for Banks
Thursday: Flag football for Raleigh. 
(And soon, Saturday Tball games for Harrison). 

Shooey. Busy? Yep. But I LOVE it and cannot wait for the games to begin! 


And that's all I've got in me for today, y'all! Thanks for the great feedback on my Amazon Prime post earlier this week. It will now become a regular monthly post, and I already purchased several of the items y'all recommended (with several more in my cart, ready to go). I LOVED reading what y'all wrote and recommended! 

We are ready for a weekend filled with a little Habitat for Humanity volunteering, a Momma date with Rals to see a local play, and some church, workouts, and downtime in between. Have a wonderful weekend, friends! Here's hoping you get into some kind of fun shenanigans. ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment