Friday, September 27, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend, Birthday Boy Edition

In two short days, I will have a 10-year-old. Say WHAT?!? More on our birthday boy and his celebratory plans soon, but for now, a glimpse at some of the things we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in this birthday weekend:

Beers and Burpees. Last weekend, my girlfriend and I participated in a charity workout event in Charlotte called Beers & Burpees. Nothing like good time with a good friend completing a good workout for a good cause. We loved representing our Barre3 studio and can't wait to do it again next year! My hub also participated and crushed it! Go Team #DadBod - ha! ;) 






Breaking the rules. Y'all know how I always say I am a "one-sport-per-kiddo-per-season" kind of momma? Well, I am totally breaking my own rule this year with Banks playing football and golf and Raleigh doing gymnastics and, as of last week, tennis! She loved it and I know two tennis-loving grandmas who are thrilled to have their granddaughter playing the sport!



Birthday shenanigans. As if we needed any more evidence of the difference between boys and girls, please see Exhibits A and B, below. Sweet little lady's at one birthday party and wild and crazy fellas at another. Gotta love it! ;) 



Microblading. Well, y'all, after nearly a year of thinking it over, I finally did it: microblading! In other words, no more spending so.many.hours on my brows. No more waking up to try and create some sort of brow on my face, every.single.morning., every day of the year. I have been self-conscious of my brows for awhile, and while this feels VERY much like a #firstworldproblem (ummm...because it is), I am excited to have had it done so that I can save the time each day and feel a little more confident in my brows. I posted a looooooong Instagram story about it all (sorry about that!) but am happy to help answer any questions anyone out there may have, including referrals the awesome professional I saw (as well as another local friend who didn't do mine but does a great job, too!). I'll let the before/after pics speak for themselves. 



Curling. And no, I'm not talking about hair styling here. I think enough vanity has been shared in this post, amIright?! (insert biggest eye roll ever at myself). I am talking about the sport of curling! And the fact that my hub and I joined two other couple friends and had a triple date night learning to curl the other week. Y'all. It was SO MUCH FUN. Even with my first attempt ending in a complete face plant (still laughing at that one) - ha! Check your local area and see if it's offered and if it is, book it now!! I promise you'll have a blast! 








Kindergarten cuties. Kindergarten has been fantastic for our Harrison so far, in large part because he has been introduced to the sweetest, cutest, rowdiest little bunch of buddies I ever did see. These sweet fellas get together almost every week and Harrison has been so excited to join this guy gang, most of whom live doors apart from each other! Although we are missing one adorable little buddy from this pic (he was busy meeting his new sisters this day <3), I just couldn't help but capture a quick pic during one of their recent playdates. Love these kiddos! 


Alright, friends, I'm off to eat lunch with my almost-birthday boy! Y'all have a fantastic weekend, and I'll be back next week with some birthday recapping and other fun things. See y'all then! 



No comments:

Post a Comment