Sunday, September 29, 2019

Ten.

Dear Banks,

One decade.
10 Years. 
120 months.
521 weeks.
3652 days.
87660 hours.

That's how much time has passed since the greatest moment of my life: the day I became a momma.

The day YOU, my boy, were born, at 5:27 pm, weighing 9 pounds, 15 ounces, and 23 inches long, changing my life, and your proud daddy's, with your first breath. 

I would re-live that day over and over again, forever, if I could. I kind of hope that's what heaven is like: that feeling I had the moment I looked deep into your sweet blue eyes and fell head over heels in love with you, in love with mommahood.

I still remember the day your daddy and I sat in the Clemson coliseum (aka Littlejohn) our senior year of college. Although only dating at the time, we knew we would be married one day. And as we sat there, a retired jersey, hanging from the rafters, caught our eyes. It belonged to Banks McFadden, one of Clemson's greatest athletes. "If we ever have a little boy, we should name him Banks," we dreamed aloud. And so, we did, six years later. We had a son and named him Banks. And nothing has been the same since. <3 

We have made countless memories over the last decade, buddy. We have grown together and learned from one another. You have made me want to be the best version of myself and allowed for grace and forgiveness when I have fallen short. 

And here is what I now know about you, Banks Alexander, 10 years in: 

You are smart and wise.
You are athletic and energetic. 
You are passionate and ambitious. 
You are kind and thoughtful.
You are confident and sociable.

You do not love organization. You do love creative messes. 
You do not love admitting mistakes. You do love making people feel special.
You do not love messing up. You do love achieving new goals. 
You do not love sleeping in. You do love making the most of every day.
You do not love missing out. You do love being with others. 

You are the leader of our little Lus and are so patient and loving to your siblings.
You adore your family and still ask to snuggle with your momma. 
You look up to your daddy and love hearing him cheer for, and coach, you. 
You enjoy spending as much time with your friends as possible, spending hours with them nearly every day. 
You are my dream come true, the one who made me a momma. 
You make us so, so proud to call you ours. 

Wow, Bankster. Ten whole years. That went by in a blink. I am so proud of the boy you have grown into and cannot wait to see the man you become. No matter what, forever and always, remember this: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. 



Ten years. And I thought I loved you then... Here's to the next 10, sweet boy. Our adventure continues...



With All My Heart, 

Momma 




No comments:

Post a Comment