Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Our Home

We found it.  

Our home.  

The place we will be for the next 15 years or so, give or take, assuming all goes to plan. We searched high and low for the place we wanted to call home. The place we wanted to watch our children grow, develop new friendships, spend the next chapter of our lives together. And we found it.


Sure, we had to compromise some of the things we were looking for (read: no wrap-around porch; no basement), but we could not be more excited to build our lives in this home. To raise our children in this home. To make new memories in this home.

We love all the space we'll have in this home. We love the neighborhood and all its amenities. We love the school system and all it has to offer. We love the Southern feel of our new town. We love that we are in suburbia but also a quick drive to the city. We love that we are so much closer to so many of our family members (we are also actively recruiting: Whit? Shelbs? Join us!). Simply put, we are in love with our new home.

 I envision many a night relaxing out here with my hub with wine in hand...

...while our sweet babies run around to their heart's content.

And it's official. We are under contract. We officially hand over our current home to its new owners the morning of September 7th. We will then drive to our new home and take ownership of it that afternoon. Wow! 

So, here's to our new state, our new town, our new neighborhood, our new home. And trust me. I am counting my blessings, every single one of them, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. I am happy. I am grateful. I am home.




2 comments:

  1. It's not just a wonderful home. It's a beautiful neighborhood, and it seems peaceful. I can totally see the southern feel in these photos. It's good that you're close to your family members too, which makes this the perfect location for the family. How's the stay so far?

    Calvin Mordarski @City Block Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much to love about this place, Lindsay! However, I must admit that a basement would have been a great room addition. It's been almost a year and a half now and I assume you've already settled yourselves in this cozy place. Ever tried renovations? If so, please direct me to posts about the projects. Thanks! :)

    Jamie Hooper

    ReplyDelete