Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Family Fill-In: Momma Dates

I can feel it.

When I haven't gotten enough one-on-one time with one (or both) of my kiddos, I can feel it.

I crave it.

So. I do something about it.

I needed it this week, with each of them, individually. So. I made it happen. With each of them. Individually. And I call these individual get-togethers Momma Dates.

In the past, these Momma Dates have included a movie matinee, outside enjoyment of a frozen treat at the local ice cream parlor, trolley rides to look at holiday lights, an afternoon at the small town cupcakery, etc.

I love these Momma Dates. I get to completely, 100% focus on my sweet little one, without sibling distraction or hub distraction or household distraction or rest-of-the-world distraction. And I truly savor the moments.

This week, I took Banks out for dinner. But. Not just any dinner. A dessert dinner. Because sometimes, the biggest, fattest, chocolate-iest piece of cake trumps a non-processed, organic meal. Okay...always. That is always true. So. Earlier this week, I made it happen for my little buddy. And enjoyed every second of conversation, every smile that crossed his precious face, every bite of "dinner," and every hug, kiss, and hand-holding moment I was lucky enough to receive.


This week, I also took Raleigh to her first Kindermusik class. The music. The instruments. The socialization with non-preschoolers. The smiles. The hugs. The singing. The dancing. The marching. The rocking. She loved it. I loved it. So, so special.


I love these moments. I crave these moments. I savor these moments. 

And I already can't wait 'til next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment