Monday, March 4, 2013

Help A Momma Out

Yes, I know. I know. 

I keep posting about this. I am probably being annoying about it and maybe pushing the idea too much. 

But.

I'm (still!) really excited about it. And I (still!) need YOUR help to get this done. 

Last year, I wrote about my Idea and what that entailed

Well, I recently got a (completely unsurprising) rejection letter that has just fueled me and my idea even more. More specifically, a letter from a publishing company saying that they get over 20,000 submissions a year, publish about 20 of those submissions, and that mine was not one of those 20. Ouch. But. Completely, totally expected.

So. 

If you have a phone that is capable of taking photos and an Instagram account and a couple minutes and a willingness to help a Momma out, please continue reading. 

If not, deuces [ <--- that, my friends, was the sad attempt of a 30-something-year-old momma to be cool. Failed miserably.]). Seriously, though, feel free to check back in in a day or two for a new, totally different, non-help-requesting post if you don't feel like helping. 

Anywho, here's yet another a quick reminder of how to help this Momma out.

Take any (or all!!!) of the photos listed below with your handy dandy smart phone. Use (or don't) an awesome filter on Instagram to pretty it up and make it look all artsy fartsy. Post said photo on Instagram while tagging me in it (@lindsayluton) AND using the hashtag #morethanphoto.

Done. That's it! Easy peasy. 

Alright, here's the list again of what I'm looking for. There should be some great photo opps in the upcoming months as the weather warms, and we are all able to enjoy some sunshine and the great outdoors. So, please, take your phone wherever you go (as if you don't do that already), and snap, snap, snap away. Please. Pretty please. Pretty, pretty, pretty please. 

  • Sun surrounded by clouds
  • Pitcher of sweet tea with lemons
  • Bumbleebee
  • Butterfly (preferably on a flower)
  • Grass with dew or mist
  • Bullfrog in a puddle (yes, I know this is a tough one)
  • Lightening flash at night
  • Peach pie
  • Full moon
  • Front porch with a porch swing
  • Hummingbird on a flower (yep, another toughie)  
  • Shade from an oak tree
  • Rocking chair
  • Storm clouds
  • Autumn leaves in the trees/on ground
  • Fish in a stream (maybe the toughest of them all)
  • Stars and moon
  • Some type of berry field (strawberry?)
  • Ocean waves on the sand 
  • Quilt 
  • Embers and/or fire in a fireplace


Seriously, I would really appreciate YOUR help. One way or another, my goal has always been to have this project completed by the end of the summer (or sooner, if I am able to get all the photos before then). Won't you please help a Momma out? A very, very appreciative Momma?

Feel free to share this, pass it along to friends and family, post to your blog, post on Facebook, post on Pinterest, post on Twitter, etc., to help a Momma out. Or not. But hopefully so. :) 

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And thank you again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment