Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spreading the Love

I have always loved to read. 

I remember, very clearly, being SO exited every time I got my latest edition of a Boxcar Children (early on in childhood) and (later on in childhood) Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High, and Fear Street book as a child/teenager. And let's not even begin to talk about when I got the scholastic book order forms in elementary school. Eeeeeeek!!!

I still love to read. Love it. No, seriously. Love it.

My latest, greatest hard copy obsessions include Enemies of the Heart (as previously blogged about. Stop what you're doing. Read it.), Proof of Heaven (a book I recently read to help cope with the loss of my beautiful friend. Again, highly recommend. I have found such comfort in my grieving from reading this book), and Bloom (by the author of my very favorite blog). Currently, I am now re-reading The Last Lecture (such a beautiful, poignant, get-your-priorities-in-order-people read) and am already planning to read Carry On, Warrior (by the author of my other very favorite blog) and Brain On Fire (because I am, after all, still a neuropsychologist) next. 

That being said, I think that reading blogs is the latest and greatest reading trend that is overtaking reading magazines. At least for me. I love (good) blogs. Now, in my world, no reading material is greater than a good book. But lately? A good blog is a very close second. 

Okay. So. With that being said, are you ready for some shameless, non-self-promotion? 

If not, shut down your browser and back away. 

If so...off we go!!

I love blogs. Did I say that already? Well, I'll say it again. I do. I love blogs. Just check out my side bar ( ---------> ) and you'll see some of my faves. 

But here's what's great. A few of my favorite blogs are some of my favorite business women as well. For example...

My (co-, right Whit?) best friend for eva and eva and eva, who just so happens to be my sister, is the author of the awesome blog Cupcakes & Running Shoes (because she loves to run. And she loves to eat. Especially cupcakes. And P.S.? She is the kick *ss momma of my beautiful, fun-loving, bff-to-my-Raleigh, niece. Seriously. She is a freakin' rockstar momma. And my co-BFF. Lucky me!). Anywho. She just recently became a consultant for Rodan + Fields, who has developed a new skincare line for US (as in, US the mommas, or the 30+ years ladies, out there, who ALL struggle with skin discoloration or wrinkles or adult acne or anti-aging issues. No really. We ALL do.). Now. I don't usually support this kind of stuff. But I am a new customer. And now? A full-on supporter!! Because y'all? It works. No, really. It works!! So help a momma out. Check out the link. Check out the stuff. Because y'all? It's your FACE. I mean, seriously. It's your FACE. Don't you want to take care of it? And feel your most beautiful? And age gracefully? Please check it out. You won't regret it. Trust me. I wouldn't lie to you.

And also? One of my very, very favorite new friends in the Mill also happens to be a very, very talented photographer. Seriously. So, so talented. She also happens to be the momma of two precious little boys who are new best buddies to my kiddos, which is so fun! So. If you live in Charlotte, or Fort Mill, or nearby, and are looking for an extremely talented photographer who just so happens to be one of the sweetest, kindest ladies you'll be lucky enough to meet, then do it. Book her: Volree Wade Photography.

I would also be remiss not to mention one of my sweet college girlfriends who is also a talented photographer in the area, who may or may not have taken the 1-year-old photos of my sweet baby girl and who also shot my entire immediate family (and there are a LOT of us) last summer. She takes gorgeous photos. In fact, she recently shot my stepbrother and his fiance's engagement photos, and the results were stunning. So. Another highly recommended photog in the Charlotte/Lake Wylie area: Lindsay Thalinger Photography. Between Volree and Lindsay, your family in photos is in good hands!!

As if that wasn't enough, my sister-in-law, author of the blog Goat & Lulu, is highly skilled with a sewing machine. Really! She will make you want to take sewing lessons so you can start making your children's own adorable, personalized clothing, to wear every day of the week. No time for that? No problem. Check out her etsy shop. Need something specific? Let her know what you'd like and she'll make it happen. Personalized, customized, one-of-a-kind clothing for your child. Seriously. Check it out. You won't be sorry. And you're welcome. :) 

Okay. I think that's enough of shameless non-self promotion for now. Check them out. Pretty please. You won't be sorry!

For now? I'm off to go back to reading my latest book...and favorite blogs... 


1 comment:

  1. Woooo!! Thanks Lu, my co-BFF for eva and eva and eva!! You are the BEST. THE BEST. xo

    ReplyDelete