I totally stole this post idea from Amy over at "Total Tippins Takeover" but thought it'd be a fun way to close out the week. So. Here we go:
- Prefer cleaning over cooking. Always. I have tried to love cooking. I just don't. Cleaning, on the other hand, makes me feel all fresh and new. I cannot stand stepping on crumbs on the floor, and I love the smell of a cleaned house. Don't even get me started over my adoration of vacuum lines. Weirdo.
- Wish I had more energy at the end of the day. I am, without a doubt, a morning person. I am, without a doubt, worn out by the time the kiddos go to bed.
- Step on Cheerios that have fallen to the ground. Always. In the kitchen? Of course. In the garage? You know it. In my bathroom (?!?). Yup. Every.Single.Time. Every time.
- Love the look of a fresh bouquet of flowers on my kitchen table. Throw those bad boys in a mason jar, and this Southern heart of mine just swoons.
- Thank my lucky stars I have such amazing women in my life. And also thank my lucky stars I'll be soaking up time with my three favorite women on Earth this weekend: my two amazing sistas and one helluva Momma.
- Am better at unloading than loading the dishwasher. Ask my hub. He cannot understand how I can be so organized in most facets of my life but then absolutely suck at loading the dishwasher, which I apparently do in this poorly executed, haphazard fashion.
- Lose my patience. I am getting MUCH better about this, I think. But. I am still a work in progress.
- Enjoy going for a good run. Sometimes, it is all I can do to drag my hiney off the couch, into my running clothes, and out the door. But. I always feel good after I do. Nonetheless, you won't catch this girl running any races anytime soon. And if you want to picture what I look like running, I am told mine resembles Phoebe's gait on that one episode of Friends.
- Sleep through the night without waking up. Those mornings I do, I awake feeling refreshed. Those mornings were becoming increasingly rare. So. I recently started taking melatonin, which is helping, I think.
- Secretly feel happy that my little girl's hair is slooooooooow to grow in. It is pretty easy to style, after all. :) I'm sure there will be YEARS ahead of me of her crying when I brush through a tangle too hard or don't elicit a perfect, bump-free ponytail. But for now? I throw a headband on and call it a day.
- Don't have a glass or two of wine at night. But honestly? Most nights, I do.
- Thought I'd have a son who loves monster trucks so much. But. Alas. One spontaneous trip to a monster truck show with his Daddy (the first for both!), and it's been monster trucks all day, every day, ever since.
- Go a day without eating breakfast. Actually, besides perusing social media, it's the first thing I do when I wake up. I am always hungry first thing in the morning and always ready to eat.
- Go a day without drinking coffee. Never. It is a very rare day that I only have one cup.
- Feel like I am able to completely turn off my brain. Whether working full time or staying home with the kiddos, I think multi-tasking is an inherent trait that comes with being a momma. I am always trying to think two steps of ahead and then often realize I have forgotten to do/see/grab something.
- Thought a carpet-cleaning service would be able to remove the absolutely caked-on vasoline that has decorated my son's floor since the infamous incident. I was so wrong! Thank you, COIT carpet cleaners, for saving us a lot of moolah by getting out that pesky vasoline and preventing us from having to replace the entire carpet in a certain 3-year-old's room.
- Feel like I am enough. I always feel I should be able to do more, more, more. But. Sometimes, at the end of the day, if I somehow manage to have played with and fed my children and made it through the day unscathed, I count it a success. And then pour a glass of wine.
TGIalmostF, friends! Have a wonderful weekend!