Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wee One Wednesday: 12 Weeks

My second Wee One Wednesday post! I have a feeling I'm not going to get tired of writing these. Not one bit: 

Size of Baby: Our sweet Baby Lu is just over 2 inches long, about the size of a lime. This is the first time in three weeks I have actually known what the fruit is without having to Google it. I met with my doctor for my 12 week appointment, and the baby had a strong heart beat of 172. 

Maternity Clothes: The rubberband trick is in full effect. And even then, I often have to just unbutton my pants because the tightness against my stomach starts to give me a stomach ache after just a little while. Again, this seems SO much sooner than it did with Banks and Raleigh, whose bumps weren't apparent until much, much later into my pregnancies. 

Symptoms: I was hoping for symptom relief this week but no dice. I am still really tired and still don't sleep through the night. My skin is still teenager-ish and I still get waves of nausea most days, with some days being much worse than others. Come on, second tri! I'm ready to feel like my old Momma self again. :)

Gender: Girl, Girl, girl, girl! At this point, I'll be shocked if Baby Lu is a boy. 

Movement: No movement that I can feel just yet, although he/she was wiggling like crazy during our last ultrasound. 

Sleep: Slightly improved-still waking every night but falling back to sleep more quickly and sneaking in naps whenever I can. I am asleep almost every night before 9:00 pm or 9:30 pm at the absolute latest. 

What I Miss: Sushi. I just reeeeeeeally want some delicious sushi. Not feeling like a fatty-gotta love this stage of pregnancy when you feel more chubby than pregnant. 

Cravings: Chinese food. Cheese dip. Anything salty. 

The Belly:

And by the next post? I'll be in my second trimester! Yahoo!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you are working on your 3rd.
    SERIOUSLY!
    oh, and on one of your previous posts, you spoke of the breast milk being like gold?
    I was the.same.way.
    Nursed till hailee was 11 months and smoothly transitioned.
    It was the best feeling in the world knowing you are nurturing and providing all the food that little one needs.
    TUMS.
    they were my best friends.

    ReplyDelete