Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wee One Wednesday: 13 Weeks (Hello 2nd Tri!)

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! As of this week, I am officially in my second trimester with sweet Baby Lu. Although I am still having a couple lingering first trimester symptoms, things are definitely on the upswing. 


Size of Baby: Our baby is now almost 3 inches long, the size of a pea pod. 

Maternity Clothes: I am still using the ol' rubberband trick most days but have also started wearing maternity yoga pants whenever possible while I am in the in-between stage of too big for my regular clothes but too small for my maternity clothes. Hoping I'll make the full transition over the next couple of weeks. Maternity clothes are sooooo comfy!

Symptoms: My skin is finally improving! My exhaustion is improving! My nausea is improving! So, all in all, improvements happenin' 'round this belly.

Gender: I think girl. But. I am wavering more this week than last. Who knows. Maybe we will have another precious baby boy. :)

Movement: No detectable movement yet from baby. As far as my own movement, I am continuing with my walking routine, managing to get out 5 or 6 days a week on average, often at 6:00 am. These early morning walks are starting to get a leeeeeetle chilly.

Sleep: Better. I still wake once at night, usually eat a middle-of-the-night snack, empty my bladder, and hit the sack again, usually to wake up for the day around 5:00 am-ish. 

What I Miss: Being able to watch college football with a beer in my hand. But. No longer caffeine!! Because I am now allowing myself one cup of coffee on the days I am particularly dragging. Yippee!

Cravings: Anything salty. Not so much sweet-unless we're talking Halloween candy. Then, all bets are off.

The Belly:


Here's to smooth sailing through 2nd tri!

1 comment: