Thursday, October 10, 2013

Confessional, Part 2

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want this blog to be a place of truth-telling. So. I have a few more confessions I need to get off my chest. Starting with...

  • I breastfed each of my children for the first 12 months of their lives. My youngest, Raleigh, is now 21 months old. Can someone please tell me why, for the love of boobs, have I YET to throw away the bags of remaining breastmilk I still have in my freezer. 'Cause y'all? She hasn't been breastfed for the last 9 months. And I know it's in there. And it's taking up precious freezer space. I just don't throw it out. And also? Frozen breastmilk is no longer good after 5 months. I have no idea what my problem is. 
  • Like everybody else in the world, I have arguments with friends and family members at times. But unlike everybody else in the world, I will have running, angry commentary in my head with whomever I am upset with as a way of being able to get out what I need to say, including anticipating exactly what they would say and then responding to that. And of course, I am always witty, make the perfect points, and the other person totally sees it my way by the end of the conversation. Totally normal, right? 
  • My husband reads the Wall Street Journal almost every day. He is educated and very well versed on what is going on in the world. I read blogs almost every day. And watch reality tv, including still watching the "Real World" challenge shows on MTV. I know this makes my hub oh-so-proud. I am 32 years old. Maybe one day I'll give it up. But. Not today.
  • We have breakfast for dinner almost weekly. It is an easy go-to meal, one that I know both of my kids will enjoy. A couple of weeks ago, we were having our usual menu, only this time, my hub was in town and offered to make the eggs and bacon. This left me one job: make the toast. Y'all? I managed to both burn and undercook the toast at the same time. Someone tell me that takes cooking talent. Right? 
  • Each time I drive through Starbucks, I almost hold my breath as I pull up to pay, hoping that I will be the recipient of free coffee, after having the person in front of me pay for mine. Isn't that ridiculous? I have done it for someone before, and it was the coolest thing to see their reaction in my rearview as I pulled away. Now, even if someone ever does do this for me, I will have to feign shock and excitement since I secretly hope for it each time.
  • One of the reasons I love cooler weather is because I don't have to shave my legs as often. Once the prickly hair starts irritating me from rubbing the inside of my jeans, I know it's time to shave. I am disgusting. 
  • My dog is crazy. We have a 5-pound yorkie, named Cooper, who we've had for almost 10 years. He thinks he is a beast. And for some reason, he thinks doors are out to get him. As in, he attacks the bottom of the door every time we let him outside. It's as if he's saying, "Wuz up now, b*tch?!" as he attacks it and then holds his head high and struts outside. I cuss at him under my breath every time he does this. Every time. It drives me crazy. 

There. Whew! I feel like a new woman. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment