Friday, February 21, 2014

Coffee Date Friday: Georgia Roots Edition

Hello, hello! Thanks for stopping by for a little coffee, catch-up, and convo with me (via link up with Rags to Stitches). Were we to meet up for some coffee today, I would ask if you wanted to join me on our screened in porch, where we could watch the rain fall and enjoy the MUCH warmer temperatures compared to weeks past. 

I would ask first about all things YOU. About what is new in your neck of the woods. About  what your favorite part of the week was as well as your least favorite part. About what you plan to do with your weekend. About any fun dates you have planned for the rest of the month. Once our cups were empty, I would fill 'em back up before sharing the following about me and my life:

...That our family ventured back to Georgia for four days this week to visit one of my sisters, her hub, and my niece in their new home. Although my hub had to work and stay in downtown Atlanta two of the three nights we were there, the kiddos and I had a ball during our visit! Between playground visits, playdates, touring the town, happy hours in the square, antique shopping, cupcake eating, and playroom playing, we had a ball! Even though we are South Carolinians now, Georgia will always hold a special place in my heart, since it is where two of my three babes were welcomed into our family. So. It was really special to go back for a quick visit and some always fun family time. :) 


...That my little buddy is finally headed back to school today, after being out for 10 days thanks to snow days, school holidays, and our Georgia trip. I know he was excited to see his buddies and finally hand out his Valentines. 

...That I had a blast at Bunco last night, after having been away from the dice rollin' shenanigans for a several months due to first tri symptoms + winter holidays + my traveling hub's schedule conflicts. And this one was extra fun because it was hosted by my aunt, who (along with my uncle) live in our 'hood. Although I had to obstain from the wine drinkin', I definitely snacked it up and rolled some Buncos. All in all, a fun night for all! 

...That my little lady's curls are out of control. I mean, seriously. Look at these precious blonde ringlets! Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope that they don't straighten over time. They just melt my heart. And it makes me wonder whether Baby Lu will follow in the footsteps of his/her siblings and also sport blonde locks? Or, will one of my children finally boast the brunette hue of his/her Momma? We shall see exactly 9 weeks from today!



...That our sweet, sweet friends are throwing a couples baby shower for my hub and me next month, and we are so excited about it! Even though this is Baby #3 for us, and I honestly feel kind of guilty about having a shower, they kindly insisted on the celebration and we kindly obliged. I mean, who wants to turn down a party? An afternoon of good eats, good drinks, and good company? Yes, it will be the perfect excuse to celebrate Baby Lu and get together with great friends. I cannot WAIT!! 

...That we have a laid-back weekend ahead, after a few of the plans we previously made had to be rescheduled. Luckily, our downtime will include finally painting the nursery! And by "our downtime", I mean my hub's. :) 


And with that, I would wish you the best as you grabbed your umbrella and hit the road in search of weekend adventures. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment