Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 30 Weeks

And now, here we go. I'm into the 30's. I am into single digits as far as the number of weeks left before Baby Lu arrives. Wow!!! Off we go!

Size of the Baby: Sweet Baby Lu is said to be approximately 15.7 inches long now (so precise!) and weighs almost 3 pounds, about the size of a large cabbage. 

I went for my 30-week appointment late last week. My belly was measuring right on track, and the baby's heart rate was 155. So far, so good, sweet little one!

Symptoms: Sleep disturbance (see below). Leg cramps. :( :( :( Feeling HEAVY in the lower abdomen (are we SURE this baby only weighs 3 pounds at this point??). A little reflux every now and then. But also? Head over heels in love with this baby, who has yet to even be born. 

Movement: Lots of crazy, alien, belly movement going on right now. Usually, later in the day, which is certainly hinting at the fact that this one will be a night owl after he/she is born. 

Sleep: Oh, man. The sleep problems are back: Insomnia. Waking up hungry. Waking up with leg cramps. Waking up short of breath. I can pretty much guarantee, if you ever wake up in the middle of the night and send me a text, I'll respond immediately. Yaaaaaaawn. 

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night (see above). Not having leg cramps. (see above) Being able to get up without grunting. Not being hormonal at the drop of a hat. 

Cravings: Yummy salads, with a little cheese, some tasty dressy on the side, a lot of lettuce, fresh cucumbers, and crunchy tomatoes. Yummy! And still? Any and everything sweet. And peanuts--of any variety. And margaritas. I've had two virgin versions so far. Not.The.Same. 

The Belly: 

And for size comparison, here's a 30-week pregnancy photo with Raleigh (apparently, I didn't take nearly as many pregnancy photos with Banks. Or. At least, I didn't use a digital camera at the time?): 

30 weeks pregnant with Raleigh.


Back in a week with a bigger belly and the latest update on Baby Lu...

No comments:

Post a Comment