Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 27 Weeks

This week, I am just feeling so grateful and blessed to be pregnant. It is not something I take lightly. Creating and carrying life is truly life's greatest miracle, and I know how very lucky I am to be in the position to be pregnant. So. Even though pregnancy can be hard at times, I wouldn't trade any of it for even a split second. I am treasuring this time with my sweet baby in my belly, when it is just he/she and me against the world. We make a pretty good team, I think. 


Size of the Baby: The baby now weighs about 2 pounds and is approximately 14 inches long, apparently about the size of head of cauliflower? Umm...okay??

Maternity Clothes:  Yup. Yes. Uh-huh. You betcha. Definitely. Yeah. Yep. Si. Mmhmm. 

Symptoms: The ever-so-dreaded leg cramps returned once over the last week. Oh man. They are the WORST pregnancy symptom for me. They hurt so, so badly and are absolutely debilitating when they happen, taking my breath away, making me feel faint, and dropping me to my knees. I realllllly hope they happen much less frequently than they did when I was pregnant with Raleigh. I also had three complete and total emotional breakdowns over the last week. Let's just attribute them to pregnancy hormones and move forward to happier moments. 

Movement: Absolutely! And the baby seems to respond most when his/her big brother and sister talk directly to my belly. He/she will start kicking almost every time! And it is just the sweetest thing to hear Banks and Raleigh say something along the lines of, "Hey baby! It's me, Banks, and I'm your big brother. I'm going to take good care of you!" right into my belly. Be still my heart. 

Sleep: Can't complain! This proved to be a pretty good week of sleep, most nights. 

What I Miss: Cookie dough. Oh man, do I love cookie dough. I will still steal a bite here and there but I am ready to eat it by the spoonful! And with some red wine on the side, of course!

Cravings: See above. :) 

The Belly: 

I have my next appointment this Friday and will be taking the glucose tolerance test. Fingers crossed I pass with flying colors! And that all is well with my sweet Baby Lu. 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't stand when I got leg cramps so painful, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie. And aren't they the absolute WORST?!? Ugh!!

      Delete