Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 28 Weeks

After a rough, emotional week last week, my hub informed me that I needed to keep this past Saturday wide open and be ready to leave the house at 7:15 am. What ensued was an entire (surprise!) day at a Charlotte-area spa for this Momma, including an organic facial, an 80-minute prenatal massage, a delicious lunch, luxury pedicure and manicure treatments, and a nice, hot shower. It was quiet. It was relaxing. It was peaceful. It was heavenly. But you know what my favorite part of my day of pampering was? It was that I finally had an entire day to focus solely on sweet Baby Lu, nestled safely in my belly, without all the daily chaos that comes with being a stay-at-home Momma to two active and energetic little ones. Because all day, I was able to focus on every jab, every punch, every kick, every roll, every hiccup, without interruption. I left my special day feeling not only refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world, but also even more connected to my sweet baby. Oh, and I am feeling much better this week. Whew! :) 

Spa belly.

Size of the Baby: I had my 28-week appointment last Friday, and all is well with Baby Lu. I passed my glucose tolerance test, got to hear the baby's heart rate (in the 150s), and my belly measured at 28.5 weeks. I also found out I get to have one last ultrasound at 36 weeks, which I was SO excited to hear, because I thought my 20-week ultrasound would be my last glimpse of Baby Lu before his/her birth (as it was at my old OB/GYN practice in Atlanta, when 20 weeks was the last time I got to see Banks and Raleigh in my belly). 

Oh. And also. One minor detail. WE SCHEDULED BABY LU'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Look out April 25, 2014. The world will become a whole lot sweeter that day. :) :) :) 

And, according to Baby Center, Baby Lu now weighs approximately 2.25 pounds and is the size of a large eggplant. Grow, baby, grow!

Maternity Clothes:  Maybe I should just delete this section from here on out? Yes, I think I will. In sum, I wear maternity clothes only these days and will continue to do so until my baby is born, and even then, until I am finally able to squeeze back into non-maternity wear. :) Actually, strike that. The maternity leggings may be a permanent fixture in my wardrobe. They are just.so.comfortable.

Symptoms: The fatigue is back! Already! Man, second tri came and went and took my energy with it! Although I am much more energized now than I was during my first trimester, I have started needing a few naps during the week again. But also? Nesting has arrived! I am ready to get moving, moving, moving on the nursery! I ordered something from etsy to hang on one of the walls several weeks ago, and it finally arrived, and I love it! Now, I just need to take care of the rest of the room. Luckily, the bedding is in the process of being made (by my sister-in-law...woot!), the furniture has been placed, and a few decorative pieces have been purchased. I have gone through the bins of boy and girl newborn clothing I have from when Banks and Raleigh were itty bitty and washed the appropriate clothing--but no hints here as to whether I was washing and organizing pink or blue apparel. :) So. Take that, nesting! Slow but steady progress!

Movement: This baby has been super active over the last week, and I just can't get enough!

Sleep: Early to bed, early to rise. A few night awakenings but not too bad this week. Except for Monday, when I woke for the day at 4:30 am. Yuck!

What I Miss: Aside from the usual suspect (we all know what that is by now), nuttin' honey.

Cravings: Sweets! All I can think about is cookie dough. And donuts. And brownies. And everything else in the world with sugar in it. Yummy!

The Belly: 

And here's a 28-week comparison shot from when I was pregnant with Raleigh. Unfortunately, I don't have a 28-week photo from when I was pregnant with Banks :( but at least this gives some idea of my current size compared to one of my previous pregnancies: 

28 weeks pregnant with Raleigh

Marching right along through third trimester...onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment