Friday, December 19, 2014

Coffee Date Friday: Hello 34! Edition

Oh, wow! How are we less than a week away from Christmas. It absolutely blows my mind that 2014 has almost come to close. Why, just yesterday, I was driving to the hospital to give birth to my third baby and now, he'll be 8 months old in less than a week. Absolutely mind-boggling. So. I would ask that on this day, we sip our coffee slowly. We take it all in, these last few days of the Christmas season, as we shared about our weeks. 

I would want to hear about all the crazy, seasonal shenanigans that have come and gone your way over the last week. I'd want to know what you have planned for Christmas. Staying or traveling? What are you looking forward to most? 

I would then share the following about me: 

...that last weekend was spent celebrating Christmas with "my side" of the family in Columbia, South Carolina. There were 21 of us total, and we had a wonderful weekend of hanging out, catching up, exchanging gifts, eating a yummy Christmas meal, drinking adult bevs, playing games, feeding babies, watching preschoolers run and laugh and play, and making wonderful Christmas memories. It was just, well, awesome. 



 My hub meeting our beautiful new nephew

 These sweet girls = BFFs

 The four new cousins, all born in 2014


 Proud Bammy and Digby with all seven of their grands!

 Double trouble.

 BLOMPS.

...that I totally teared up at Banks and Raleigh's preschool Christmas program on Monday. Banks played the role of one of the Three Kings in the Nativity, and I was so proud of him. Raleigh's class rang bells and sang their little hearts out, too, and it was just too precious for words. Melt.My.Heart.





...that I turned the big 3-4 on Tuesday. Hip, Hip, Hooray!! I just love birthdays! My hub took the day off work and we had so much fun, our little family o' five. While Raleigh was at school, my hub and I took Banks to his school field trip. Although it was supposed to be at a Christmas tree farm, it rained in the morning; so, we headed to Home Depot for some building and hanging with a balloon-animal making Santa instead-ha! We then picked Raleigh up from school and all went to paint pottery (isn't my sweet hub such a trooper--I'm pretty sure this is the last thing on earth he would choose to do). After naps and rest time for all, we concluded our day with a delicious dinner and family down time. Definitely one of my favorite birthdays of all time. <3 Here's to welcoming my mid-30's!






...that Banks and Raleigh both had their school Christmas parties this week to wrap up the year and now....schooooooool's.....out...for....Christmas. Yahoo!!! I am so excited to have 2.5 weeks of "relaxation" with my babes. 



...that this kid just kills me.


...that I went to a super-duper-fun cookie exchange with 15 of my favorite neighborhood ladies on Wednesday evening. Because my hub was out-of-town, I had a sweet sitter watch my kiddos so I wouldn't have to miss out on the sugary (and wine-ry) fun. It was an absolute BLAST!!!


...that I took my oldest duo out on our third annual tractor trolley ride to see all the neighborhood lights last night, and we had so much fun!



...that we will be celebrating Christmas with my "in law side" of the family this weekend before heading out Sunday night to grab dinner with four other couples while a sitter watches the kiddos. I cannot wait to keep the holiday party train a'rollin' with more of my favorite peeps!


And with that, I'd wish you a very merry weekend as we emptied our mugs. And also ask that you be sure to check back here next week for a few fun seasonal posts. Have a fa-la-la-la-la-licious day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment