Tuesday, December 2, 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Ho! Ho! Ho!

It's time to deck the halls and empty our wallets as we welcome in the Christmas season. Yes, I know, I know. Jesus is the Reason for the Season. And a big AMEN to that! But. It's also fun to buy our loved ones gifts and watch their reactions as they tear into those beautifully wrapped boxes. So. I thought it'd be fun to highlight a few of my favorite things, since I wrote up the same post one year ago! And yes, I still love all those things I posted about way back then. But now? Here are a few more of my favorite things:

Lumina Candle Co.: My sweet girlfriend, Sarah, is not only one awesome momma but is also the owner of this new company that has the most AMAZING candles. Seriously. I recently bought the Pumpkin Souffle candle and my house smelled divine throughout the month of November. I just ordered the Cinnamon Chai Tea Latte candle and cannot wait to get it! This is a perfect stocking stuffer, teacher gift, grandparent gift, neighbor gift, etc. Check out her shop!


Fisher-Price Little Superstar Sing-A-Long Stage: I know toys are a dime a dozen these days, but this sweet Fisher-Price product has gotten lots of love around our house for the last few years. Raleigh received it as a first birthday gift and still plays with it today, as does her baby brother, who gets a kick out of pushing the buttons, hearing the songs, shaking the microphone, and watching the lights. A great gift for babies and toddlers alike!


Blanket scarf: Yes, these are everywhere these days, and I'm sure this trend will pass it's prime over the next year or two. But. I love my blanket scarf for it's versatility (my hub? Not so much. Can't win them all!). Indeed, I've styled it as a thick scarf wrapped several different ways and have also worn it draped over my shoulders and belted around my waist. Not to mention, I've whipped it out a time or two when out and about with the kids and they get chilly. See? Multifunctional and easy to find at retailers everywhere!


Football Guys: Without a doubt, one of Banks' favorite toys is this set called "Football Guys." It contains miniature football players, a field, and two goal posts in a carrying case. Y'all. He plays with them every.single.day. I've never seen anything that holds his attention daily like these do! Not to mention, he has now also accumulated the "Soccer Guys" and "Baseball Guys" sets, and I've heard from a certain Bammy elf he will also be receiving the "Hockey Guys" set for Christmas. Ha! If your little buddy loves sports as much as mine does, this gift will be a slam dunk!


Wicked by Essie: This is my absolute favorite nail color for Fall/Winter. Although I don't paint my nails often these days since they usually chip or smudge within 5 minutes of being finished, when I do, this is my go-to color. And Raleigh loves to rock the trend on her nails, too! Fun for all ages. Cute baby paw not included. :) 


Graco RoomFor2 Stand and Ride Stroller: Oh man. If you are a momma of a baby and a toddler this (or anything similar) is a must-have. I cannot tell you how much easier it is to run errands while being able to push two of my three kiddos in this bad boy. My Graco car seat easily snaps in when I want to keep Harrison in his seat, or now that he's older and can sit up, he can face forward and see the world around him while we stroll. We also got tons of use out of this during the summer on our daily neighborhood walks, when I would often find myself pushing all three of my babes around the 'hood.



Educational Insights Talking Telescope: This is another great buy for young kids. It is very interactive, offering 200 facts and questions about various topics. It comes with 20 slides and is very user friendly for your little scientist. :) 


Loving Our Kids on Purpose by Danny Silk: If you buy yourself one gift this year, make it this book. It is single-handedly changing the way that I parent, for the better. Even though I have a doctorate in Child and Family Psychology, this book offers insights that differ from much of the knowledge I gained from years and years of specialized training in this area, this time from both a Biblical and practical standpoint. It is not only thought-provoking but also has produced positive changes in our household so far! I could not recommend this more strongly.



Good clean fun: We love to play board games around this house, and I anticipate we'll be doing this quite a bit as the temperatures continue to drop and our opportunity for outdoor play dwindles over the next few months. Current faves in our home? Candy Land, Guess Who, Trouble, Connect 4, Headbanz, and a memory game I had made out of our own family pictures last Christmas. I love these because not only are they fun and educational for the kids, but they also allow for great practice and conversation pertaining to good sportsmanship and turn-taking. I am also a HUGE advocate of the Crayola Color Wonder (coloring; finger-painting; etc.) products and the Melissa and Dough Water Wow products, which allow budding artists to create to their hearts' desire while keeping my walls, furniture, toys, and other household surfaces clear of any traces of marker, crayon, or paint. A win-win, if you ask me!



And that rounds out my list of favorite things for this year! I hope that was helpful for anyone out there who may be wracking her brain for a few other gift ideas. And let me know if I missed any of your must-haves! I am always looking for new, great ideas. Happy Shopping!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment