Friday, March 24, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Hello Spring Edition

Hello, weekend! We meet again! After an emotionally trying week, I am so very excited to see you! Here's what we're saying CHEERS to this week/end: 

Fun for my kids. While I was busy enjoying my 25 hours of solo time last weekend, my kiddos were having a BIG time with their Bammy and Digby, including spending three hours at their favorite zoo, Riverbanks, on Saturday. I loved going to Riverbanks when I was little and love that they got to spend the day there with their Bam and Digs. With a trip to the toy store, outdoor family baseball practice, movies, pancakes, and more, the kiddos had an absolute ball!





Fun for my hub. Last weekend, my hub joined four of his friends to go away on a hunting weekend to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday. They had the BEST time and were quite successful in their hunting of pheasants and quail. I'm so glad these guys got to get away and have a great time together



Running to Charleston. This weekend, my hub will be gone again. Except this time, he's running to Charleston. Like, literally RUNNING to Charleston. He is participating in the Palmetto 200 with some of his F3 guys, and they will be running all day/night in relay shifts from Columbia to Charleston (200 miles), with most legs averaging about six miles at a time. Actually, he left eeeeeearly this morning (as in, met up at a friend's house at 4:00 am) to start the race and will finish up some time tomorrow afternoon. Whew. I am so proud of him and his teammates. Go get 'em, guys! 

The Volunteers. Banks is a proud member of his coach's pitch team, the Volunteers. As of last night, they are 0-3. :0 Not the record we were hoping for to kick off the season, BUT the kids are having a great time playing and we parents (and siblings) are having a great time cheering them on. I have such wonderful, vivid memories of my big brother playing baseball when I was little--my dad, coaching; my mom, cheering; my sisters and I, playing on playgrounds, climbing trees, running up and down huge hills, eating our weight in concession stand candy--and I have no doubt the same memories are being etched in Raleigh and Harrison's minds as the little spectators. 






Warmer temps. After a chilly week last week (aka several inches of snow!), we were SO happy to welcome in Spring with warmer temperatures this week, with highs reaching in the 80s on Wednesday. We took FULL advantage, staying outside all.day.long--Harrison and I spent the morning playing outside, Raleigh and I laid out for a couple hours later on while he napped, and then all three kiddos ran through the sprinklers later in the afternoon. It was LOVELY. And it got me SO excited for summer, when our days are spent outside, soaking up the warmth of the sun as much as possible. 




Financial Peace University. My hub and I started Dave Ramsey's class, "Financial Peace University" at the beginning of January, attending class at our church each Tuesday evening learning how to "live like no one else so that later we can live and give like no one else." Earlier this week, we officially graduated. Hooray! To be totally honest, I was dragging my feet when my hub suggested we enroll and take the class (ughhhh!!! I hate all things business/finances/etc.) but reluctantly agreed. And to be totally honest again, I could not have enjoyed it more! Seriously! I learned so much, and it was not the boring class I was expecting. Actually, it was really life-changing. And aside from the chaos that was Tuesday nights for the 9 weeks of class (i.e., arriving home from Raleigh's gymnastics class at 6:00 pm and immediately getting Banks back out the door for his 6:15 pm baseball practice while simultaneously using the 10 minutes I had to spare to get dinner on the table before greeting the sitter and basically running out the door at 6:10 pm in order to make it to the 6:30 pm class), it was really enjoyable. If you haven't taken the class before, I HIGHLY recommend it. If you have any questions, or want to hear more about it, please shoot me a message and I'd be happy to answer/help. 


And that's all I've got for today! I'll be taking my trio soccer practice tomorrow morning followed immediately by baseball practice--should be fun (and tiring!). I've got some baking to do and some little kid church teaching to do, and that's about all we have on our agenda. Otherwise, we will just see where the weekend takes us while we wait for Daddy to return home from the big race! Have a lovely weekend, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment