Friday, March 17, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, St. Patrick's Edition

Top o' the mornin' to ya! Happy St. Patrick's Day, friends, and Happy Friday! Here's what we are saying CHEERS to this week/end: 

Long weekends. The kids are off from school today (hooray!), which means we'll be wearing our green and celebrating St. Patrick's Day together. We have big plans of no real plans, aside from getting a green milkshake and enjoying the SUN! Harrison and Raleigh had green-ariffic fun at preschool events earlier this week and were proud to sport their green!



Snow days. Speaking of sun, we had none of it last Sunday morning. In fact, we had a couple inches of SNOW! And we were out and playing in it by 8:00 am (which was *really* 7:00 am since it was Daylight Saving Sunday ;) ).






Sporting Saturdays. Raleigh and Harrison had their first soccer practice last weekend, which was adorable albeit quite chilly at 9:00 am that morning. Their next practice is tomorrow but with rain forecasted, I'm waiting to hear whether it's still on. We shall see!


And then, Banks had his first baseball game later in the day. Although his team lost their opener, I see a lot of potential for the team and am looking forward to what the season brings!  


Free evenings. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this Spring will be a busy one for our little family, what with all the sports stuff going on. So, I'm not going to lie: I wasn't upset in the least when Banks' baseball game was cancelled earlier this week due to weather. And while I would not call myself spontaneous in the least, my hub balances that out well with his spontaneity. Case in point: his declaration that night that we needed a family ice cream outing after dinner. So, we loaded up, went out for some supplies, and enjoyed sundaes with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream covered in a hard chocolate coating, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. Yum! We definitely made the most of our sports-free night! 



Unprecedented weekends. My hub is gone for the weekend, celebrating our friend's birthday with a guys' weekend away, specifically a hunting weekend :0. Which was going to mean a full weekend with my little trio (while anticipating another weekend of just me and my trio next weekend, too, but more on that next week); that is, until my mom asked to take my kiddos for a Bammy/Digby sleepover on Saturday/night. YOU GUYS!!!! Do you know what that means? That means that, for the first time in years (dare I say a decade?!), I am going to have 24 hours ALL TO MYSELF. I don't know what to do with myself! Do I stay in my jammies and watch girly movies all day while sipping wine? Do I head out for some solo shopping? Do I tackle house projects? Do I give myself a little at-home spa day? Do I read in quiet and without interruption? The possibilities are endless! Can't wait to see what my solo 24 hours bring! :)

On that note, have a great one, y'all! And Happy St. Pat's!   

No comments:

Post a Comment