Friday, March 3, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Hello March Edition

We are inching that much closer to spring (although the weather would tell us we're already there), and I'm not complaining one bit about it! Here are a few things we are saying CHEERS to this week/end as we welcome our first weekend of March: 

Grandparent weekends. Last weekend, we were so happy to have our Nana and Pop here with us. We enjoyed a lovely, lazy weekend filled with lots of sunshine, outside play, Banks' baseball practice with the whole gang in tow, a movie, yummy food, and church together on Sunday. We just adore our Nana and Pop





Sister time. I was so excited to have my littlest sister here for the night on Wednesday. I felt so lucky to be able to sneak in a little sister time in the middle of the week! 




Healthy 5-year-olds. Earlier this week, I took Raleigh to our pediatrician for her 5-year well-check. I am thrilled to report she is a healthy and well growing girl (weighing in at 42 pounds (62nd %ile) and measuring at 44.5 inches (85th %ile)). Our doctor commented on how well-spoken she is AND we got to avoid any shots this visit. Woohoo! :)


Red Carpet Viewing Parties. Speaking of Rals, we enjoyed our 3rd Annual Academy Awards Red Carpet Viewing Party on Sunday evening, just the two of us. If you know my Raleigh Jane, you know that she loves, loves, LOVES dresses. So. For the last three years, we have gotten all glammed up (she chooses both of our dresses), popped popcorn, and then discussed our favorite looks while watching the red carpet coverage. It is SO fun for us girls - definitely our favorite Momma date of the year!



Lash Boost. Quick R+F plug alert. I will make this brief. Some R+F products work better than others, despite what advertising may suggest. And I should know...I've tried most of it. Without a doubt, hands down, my most favorite R+F product, one that really, truly works MAGIC, is Lash Boost. I have never ever ever had good lashes. Ever. Lash Boost has changed that. I wear a single coat of (cheap!) mascara and go about my day, and have comments from people daily about my lashes. This has NEVER happened before. And I take ZERO credit for it--good lashes just aren't in my genes...it's ALL Lash Boost. When I went on my recent NYC trip with my BFFs, we were getting all glam for a night on the town, and again, I swiped on my cheap mascara while several of my girls were having fake eyelashes applied. Since then, several of them have ordered Lash Boost so that they can forego the false lashes. Let me know if you want to try it! I PROMISE you, it works!!! (And if it doesn't, you can return it!).


Dr. Seuss week. Dr. Seuss' birthday was yesterday, which meant this was "Read Across America Week" at elementary schools around the country. For us, that translates to themed events each day at school this week. Banks loved it! Here he is on Wacky Wednesday: 


Galas. Tomorrow is our favorite night in the Mill! We will be getting all dressed up, for the second year in a row, to attend the Greenway Gala, which benefits our local greenway (which we love!). Even though my hub and I are now on a strict Dave Ramsey budget ;), we worked this into this month's budget so that we could live it up with our friends for the night. Just like last year, I rented a dress from Rent the Runway (it arrived yesterday! Can't wait to wear it!). Just like last year, we ladies will be having our hair and make-up done before meeting up with our fellas to head to the gala. If it's anything like last year, we will be dancing the night away until they kick us out, and I cannot WAIT! 


I hope you have something fun planned for your first March weekend of 2017, too! Have a good one, and I'll be back next week. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment