Monday, April 7, 2014

Enjoying The Small Things

I'm spending some time this rainy Monday reflecting on the small things that add up to big happiness these days. 

Currently, I'm enjoying...

...Seeing how excited this sweet boy is to be a big brother again. Now that he's 4 and a half, I think he'll really embrace the "Momma's special helper" role this time around...


Spending three mornings a week with this precious girl, alone. Our solo days are numbered, so we are filling them with lots of special Momma-Raleigh time...


Group text messages with my sibs that literally make me LOL. I love coming from a big family and having five siblings (and their five spouses!) for so many reasons, this being just one of them. Oh, and also clinching my family's March Madness Bracket. Booyah!...


Seeing how much they adore each other.  No other explanation needed...


Using Harris Teeter's online grocery shopping option while 9 months pregnant on a rainy day with a toddler in tow...


Having a little girl who loves playing sports just as much as she loves taking care of her babies...


The discovery of gel manicures. Thank you, LifeGroup girls, for the life-changing rec. ;) These things are MADE for mommas whose manicures otherwise chip within minutes of returning home from a nail appointment. Such a fun treat every so often...


Spending plenty of time prepping little sister for her impending big sister role. We love the book, I'm Gonna Be A Big Brother/Sister by Joanna Cole and are averaging a good five reads a day lately...


Beautiful Spring walks with this little one still in my belly - our special alone time together...


Water play in April, one of countless reasons I love living in the South...


Making room for Baby Lu in our SUV, aka Big Brother Banks being promoted to the way back (and learning to buckle in his booster all by himself!)...


Family movie nights and snuggles with Daddy. Heaven on earth right there...


And I'm looking forward to enjoying the beautiful sunny weather that is promised to grace our town the rest of the week!

1 comment: