Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: The Last One!!!!

MY LAST WEE ONE WEDNESDAY POST! MY LAST WEE ONE WEDNESDAY POST! I can't believe it! It's because Baby Lu will be born two days from today, when I am 39 weeks exactly. 

Baby Lu, our third miracle, who will complete our family of five, will be in my arms in just two days, on Friday, April 25th, 2014, and I cannot tell you how very much my heart soars to know that I am finally meeting our amazing blessing in just TWO DAYS. TWO DAYS!!!!! 

So. Here we go. My last Wee One Wednesday post, complete with comparison photos from my last days of having Banks and Raleigh in my belly. 


Size of the Baby: I had my last appointment for Baby Lu a week ago today. Despite measuring a week ahead during an appointment a few weeks prior, my belly was measuring about a week behind at last week's appointment; however, my doc believes this is because the baby is so low and was not concerned in the least. Baby Lu had a strong heart rate, in the 140s, and most of the appointment revolved around discussing pre-surgical prep. Ahhhh! As I was leaving, I shook his hand and smiled while saying, "See you in the OR!" Yay! 

Babycenter.com estimates the baby to be around 6.8 pounds and 19.5 inches, about the size of a leek. First of all, this baby is bigger than that. Has to be! I will be shocked if I produce a 6-pound baby. Second of all, okay, seriously, I think there have been more veggie comparisons I DON'T know than I do. I'm not joking. I have no idea what a leek is. 

Symptoms: Oh, my poor aching back. And belly. Insomnia. Heartburn. Fatigue. You know, the third tri usual. Siiiiigh. Two more days...

Movement: This strong mover and shaker is kicking my arse, but I will truly, truly miss this feeling for the rest if my life. Two more days...

Sleep: Bleh. I wake up between 3-4 am. Get a snack. Lie for an hour or more and finally will myself to fall back asleep before getting up to get the day started. Naps are frequent. So is fatigue. Two more days... 

What I Miss: Emotional stability. Not having an exhausted, aching body. Being able to help my hub more around the house, with meal prep, and with the kids nightly routines. I am D.O.N.E. by dinner time. Two more days...

Cravings: Chocolate (hello, Easter candy!). Adult bevs. Raw oysters. Two more days...

The Belly:

And a few comparison pics: 

 Here I was at 38 weeks pregnant with Banks. I think it should come as no surprise that he weighed 9 pounds, 15 ounces. That belly was HUGE! 

Look at the difference when I was 39 weeks pregnant with Raleigh. We literally took this photo as we were heading to the hospital for her birth. She weighed a full 2 pounds less than Banks, which is probably why I look MUCH smaller here? 


I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you so much, my dear family and friends, for following along on this pregnancy journey with me. Bringing children to this world is my biggest accomplishment and greatest blessing, and it has been so fun to document this very special time over the last nine months, especially with this being our last baby. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for all of the love and support we've been given, and I cannot wait to share the big news of whether a little boy or little girl will be joining our family in just TWO DAYS (For the record, the vote has pretty much been split down the middle in various, random polls I've taken of guesses of the sex of the baby). Stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment