Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 36 Weeks

Have I mentioned that the name we chose for a boy and the name we chose for a girl (before we decided to find out what we are having) start with the same letter? And that it's the letter....oh wait...I guess I can keep that a secret just a little bit longer, too. ;) I know, I know. This has got to be annoying for anyone other than my hub and me, who have no idea what the sex or name of the baby will be. I do promise to share the name we would have used had we had a baby of the opposite sex, although not until after our baby, with a name I just adore, is properly introduced in LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! :)

I will also say, too, that just like Banks and Raleigh, the baby's first name is original (i.e., chosen just because we like it, with no other rhyme or reason), and also just like Banks and Raleigh, the middle name is special and of family origin.


Size of the Baby: Baby Lu now weighs approximately 6 pounds and is over 18.5 inches long, about the size of a head of Romaine lettuce. At least, this is the estimate babycenter.com gives me. After my ultrasound in a couple hours, we'll have a better idea of Baby Lu's current size. :) 

Symptoms: Yesterday was ROUGH. Nausea, upset stomach, cramping. Ugh! I was couch-bound almost the entire day. Also, as comes with the territory at 9 months pregnant, I have just a general feeling of heaviness at this point. I really can't complain too badly, though. Even though I am feeling HUGE these days, I am proud of myself for keeping up with my regular walks, at least 5 days a week, even though I am really dragging by the end. 

Movement: This baby has the hiccups all.the.time. Have I mentioned that before?? I mean, ALL the time! Banks and Raleigh never had them this much, not even close. I love feeling those rhythmic pop-pop-pops as he/she hiccups away. The baby continues to be really active, too, which is still my favorite thing ever. 

Sleep: Hit or miss these days. I think I got a grand total of 4 hours one night this week but luckily was able to recover with a long nap over the weekend. My regular insomnia has re-surfaced, and I definitely think Mother Nature is making sure I am fully prepared for the sweet sleep I am about to be missing out on over the summer.

What I Miss: Not feeling so HUGE. Not feeling tired. Getting a full night's rest. 

Cravings: Tropical Skittles. Ha! And yes, they needed to be the tropical kind. And no surprise here--margaritas. But y'all. I broke my own rule and stole a couple sips of my hub's real margarita over the weekend and ohmydearLord. It was so tasty! I can't wait for a full, salt-rimmed, lime-adorned glass full (and here's lookin' at you, Mexico. Don't even THINK about messing up the lime supply for the all the summer margaritas I'll be enjoying). 

The Belly:


And with that, I'm off for my 36-week ultrasound with my little family by my side. I cannot wait to see Baby Lu on the big screen--it's been 16 weeks since I last saw him/her, and it so hard to believe that after today, the next time I see him/her will be on the big birthday! Back next week with more updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment