Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wee One Wednesday: 19 Weeks...With a Twist

So. Here's the thing. If you know me at all, you know that I am a perfectionist. A control freak. And with all seriousness, I am pretty sure I have Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (which differs from OCD, for all you non-psychology peeps) to some degree. It's just who I am, for better or worse. 

I had every intention of not finding out this baby's sex. Every.Intention. But then, I started getting anxious. Like, legitimately anxious about not knowing. So. A couple of weeks ago, I changed my mind. I decided I DID want to know the sex of our baby (For the record, my hub has wanted to know all along). 

I've heard it all, including "But not knowing is life's greatest surprise!" (I know it is, Mom.) and "You have one of each. Let this one be a surprise!" (I hear ya, Mom.) That's all fine and good. And I was totally on board. Until my anxiety kicked in. So. I changed my mind. 

I think it's AWESOME when people have the will-power to not find out. I am not one of those people. I AM one of those people with anxiety, and I decided to combat it by finding out the sex of our baby.

So. Today, my hub and I know. Yep. We already know. We had our big ultrasound yesterday, all four of us went, and now we know whether Baby Lu is a boy or a girl (Well, my hub and I know. We had the tech write the sex on the ultrasound screen so two little ones with big mouths wouldn't share our news with the world.). But. We are keeping our sweet little secret to ourselves. And I mean that. While we opted out of having the "ultimate surprise" on our baby's birthday, we wanted our family and friends to still have that moment of extra excitement. So. We know. And we are the only two people who will know until our little one is born this Spring. 

And also? We are thrilled!!!!! I thought it was a girl. My hub thought it was a boy. One of us was right. 

Anywho....


Size of Baby: The baby is now roughly 6 inches long, the size of an heirloom tomato. Our sweet little one had a heart rate of 153 at the appointment yesterday and was measuring right on schedule, with a weight of around 11 ounces.




Maternity Clothes: While I am still wearing mostly regular tops, I am in SERIOUS need of maternity tops soon. Unfortunately, I don't have many since I borrowed so much from previous pregnancies; so, this wardrobe could get interesting... :) 

Symptoms: Shortness of breath. A little hip pain as things begin to spread out. Hmmm...I think that's about it this week. 

Gender: I guess I can drop this part of the "Wee One Wednesday" post now, huh?

Movement: Yes! Definitely! I feel at least a little kick or jab every day, with the number of movements increasing more and more the bigger the baby gets. 

Sleep: Not too shabby! Can't complain in this department any more. I am in the "sweet spot" of pregnancy. Not too big, not too small. And trust me, I am cherishing this good sleep while I can! 

What I Miss: Just the al-al-al-al-al-alcohol (to be read to the tune of Jamie Fox's "Blame It On The Alcohol."

Cravings: Still salty, carby, cheesy foods. 

The Belly: 

And by the way, I am 19 weeks, 5 days today. Which means I am halfway there since I'll have a c-section around 39 weeks. Yahoo!!! And YIKES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment