Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 22 Weeks

Welcome, welcome, 2014! I am so happy to see you, the year Sweet Baby Lu will be born! Here's to a year of new adventures, new beginnings, and new additions to the family. Cheers! And now...a glimpse into Week 22: 


Size of the Baby: Our baby is now roughly 11 inches long and nearly a pound, about the size of a spaghetti squash (a what??). Knowing the large babies my body likes to make, as in 9 pounds, 15 ounces (Banks) and 8 pounds exactly (Raleigh, who was born one week early), I'm guessing Baby Lu probably weighs more than a pound at this point.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes, and yes. It has been REALLY nice the last week, though, because we have hardly left our jammies--we're really into this relaxing holiday spirit thing--which has been oh-so comfortable for this ever-growing Momma!

Symptoms: Some back pain on my right side. Ugh! And I got a HORRIBLE leg cramp in the middle of the night earlier in the week. It is the WORST! I've been dealing with some mood stuff lately, too. So. Basically, I've been a big bundle o' fun the last few days. :) 

Movement: Yes! This baby is very, VERY low. So very low. Which means the kicks and punches are waaaaaaaay below my belly button, if you know what I'm sayin'. I'm assuming that my abs are gonna be kaput after this pregnancy. It's like they've just given up trying to hold up this baby. Ha! 

Sleep: It's been great this week! Just great! Yay!

What I Miss: Not having emotional breakdowns at a moment's notice. But. I would like to give a shout out to someone special out there for helping me work through it. You know who you are, and I just want to say thank you for your support, involvement, and excitement over Sweet Baby Lu. Love you! ;) Oh, and I also miss the New Year's bevs I wasn't able to enjoy last night. That's okay, though. I made a lovely mocktail for myself and it was quite tasty. 

Cravings: Surprisingly, all of the sweets we've had laying around the house the last week. I guess the baby is finally developing a sweet tooth. 

The Belly: 

Happy, Happy New Year, to one and all, from my expanding belly and me. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment