Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 23 Weeks

Wowza! I am well over 23 weeks pregnant already! Sheesh. I remember when I was pregnant with Banks, time just sloooooowly ticked by. Then, when I was pregnant with Raleigh, my pregnancy definitely seemed to fly by, I'm guessing because I was working full time and chasing a toddler in between working hours. Now? Well, things are moving at warp speed. So. Onward we go!

Size of the Baby: Sweet Baby Lu is now over 11 inches long and weighs over a pound, about the size of a mango. Getting bigger by the minute!

Maternity Clothes: Different week, same wardrobe: all maternity bottoms; mostly maternity tops but I can still squeeze into a few non-maternity tops without it looking too ridiculous...yet. The one accessory I have recently added to my wardrobe? An outie belly button. Yup. That sucker is out there. Already. Hawt. ;) 

Symptoms: You know, I don't know if it's because my stay-at-home momma gig is more physically demanding than it was when I was working full-time, but I still feel pretty wiped out most days despite my current second trimester status. Actually, I still have to sneak in a nap every once in awhile. I just have this underlying feeling of tired most days. Maybe it's nature's way of preparing me for next summer, when all three of my littles, including a non-sleeping newborn, will decorate my days? Regardless. Whew! Thank goodness for coffee!

Movement: Yep! And someone finally felt the baby move for the first time (besides me, of course): Banks! I was so excited he got to be the first one to feel his sibling kick. :) 

Sleep: Not too shabby. 

What I Miss: My energy. My innie belly button. 

Cravings: Vegetables, of any and all kinds. Yummy!

The Belly: 

I head back to the OB/GYN tomorrow for my next check-up and am hoping for a good report for both momma and baby. Update coming next Wee One Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment