Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 25 Weeks

My pregnancy is now around 65% complete, assuming Sweet Baby Lu decides to wait until the scheduled c-section date to make his/her debut. Wow. Just wow. I think pregnancy is similar to parenting in that the days can feel long but the weeks and months, so short. This little one will be here before I know it!


Size of the Baby: Our baby is now approximately 13.5 inches long, about the size of a rutabaga (again, seriously, I have NO IDEA what that is. Someone teach this Momma to cook!). 

Maternity Clothes:  I am almost to the point of being maternity top-exclusive. Almost. It's actually pretty funny when I try on some of my regular tops these days. I see all these cute outfit pins on Pinterest and think, one day I'll squeeze into something like that again. But. Not today. :) 

Symptoms: I feel HUGE. Just huge. Even though I walk a couple miles 5 to 6 days a week. Huge. Even though I try to eat mostly healthy foods. Huge. Meh. I know it's for a good cause. But. Pregnant or not, I don't know one girl who likes to feel huge. Not one. But. I also love the idea of having another BIG, healthy baby, whether it be a boy or a girl. Big babies are my jam. So. Grow, baby, grow! If that means I have to feel huge, so be it. 

Movement: Definitely. And still so low. Somedays he/she moves more than others. But. It's definitely there, every day. And I definitely love it, every day.  

Sleep: Pretty good! I've been able to stay up 'til 10:00 pm most nights now (Woo! Party animal!) but still wake up between 5:00 and 6:00 am most days. 

What I Miss: Good, sweat-producing workouts. And red wine in front of a winter fire. My sweet hub bought me a nice bottle of non-alcoholic wine the other day, which is now known as...a pricey bottle of grape juice. Seriously. Have you tried it before? Gross. We thought going with a nicer bottle would ensure more of a wine-like taste. Nope. 

Cravings: Pineapple with Cool Whip. Banana with Nutella. Ohmygoodness. Both of these combos taste so ridiculously delicious right now! And a big, tasty margarita. Mmmm...I'll be ready for one come summer!

The Belly: 

For the record, I think I look bigger in person than I do in these photos. But, like I said, grow, baby, grow! 

3 comments:

  1. Geez! I don't want to get pregnant again until I'm your size ;)
    you make pregnancy look good.
    not much longer then maybe a nice glass of red!!!!
    and not he fake stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, Misty. Thank you so, so much for your sweet words. I definitely feel like a HOUSE and still have several months of growing ahead of me. Yikes! :) And yes, there will definitely be a glass of red or two for this momma come summertime!

      Thank you for noticing the top bar. Now, I just want to figure out how to make it look pretty. Baby steps, right? Also, I have no idea what happened to the button code you gave me. I am definitely NOT technologically savvy. :)

      Delete