Friday, January 31, 2014

Coffee Date Friday: Snowpocalypse Edition

Hello friends from near and far! I'm so happy you stopped by to share a little coffee and chatter with me this morning, via link up with Rags to Stitches. If we were meeting this morning, I'd pour you a hot cup of coffee with my new Girl Scout creamer mixed in, as we sidled up by the fire and talked about the latest and greatest in our lives. 

I would ask about YOU first: About whether you were showered with snow earlier this week or were left high and dry. About whether you are looking forward to the Spring and whether you have summer beach plans scheduled just yet. About what's on your calendar for this weekend. About whether there is anything heavy on your heart you want to share. And then, I would share the following about me:

...That my hub has been in Dallas allllll week for a work meeting and finally gets home tomorrow evening, just in time for us to go to dinner with five of our favorite couple friends here in the Mill. I'm sure I'll be ready for a night on the town by the time he walks in the door! Ha! Taking on full parenting responsibilities for multiple days in a row is tough as is, and I think it's safe to say it's a little trickier and more tiresome when you're 27 weeks pregnant. Whew! But. Thank goodness for FaceTime. :) 


...That this ended up being an especially trying week, as my Raleigh woke up on Wednesday morning, which just so happened to be the morning that the streets were covered in snow and ice, and was unable to bear any weight on her right leg without sobbing and wailing in pain. Cue panic and momma-mind-jetting-off-to-dark-places. Luckily, the pediatrician ended up opening for late morning office hours that day and I was able to have her seen before lunchtime, driving approximately 20 mph and in 4-wheel drive the whole way there. After an exam and some blood work, she was diagnosed with toxic synovitis, basically an infection affecting the joint in her right hip. Unfortunately, as I was walking the kids back out to the car in the snow and ice, I slipped and fell. :( Luckily, I was able to block most of the weight of my fall by grabbing onto the stroller at the last second, and the baby reassured me by repeatedly kicking me throughout the day, the rest of the day. But. Let's just say that Wednesday was not my favorite day ever. And hopefully, my Raleigh will be good as new by the end of the weekend.  


...That, on the same note, I am so very, very thankful for the invaluable family and friends I have in my life. I cannot describe how much it meant to have so many people checking in and offering to come help me with the kiddos after our traumatic day on Wednesday, especially since my hub was out of town. Knowing there are so many who were willing to help at a moment's notice was the most reassuring, secure, and loving feeling, and I am blessed beyond words to have such amazing kinship and friendship in my life. 

...That, I know it goes without saying, but the weather was truly bipolar this week: We went from a coat-less picnic and lots of playtime outside on Monday to bundled up and throwing snow powederballs on Wednesday. Although Raleigh was couch-bound by that point thanks to her leg pain, Banks and I were able to sneak in a little snow playtime in the backyard. 


...That I am SO EXCITED for a special surprise Momma date I have planned for my little buddy tomorrow! Thanks to an invitation by a sweet friend and her precious daughter, Banks and I will be joining them for an afternoon at the Ringling Brothers circus, and I can't wait to see all the excitement on his face when I tell him the news! Although my hub and I took him two years ago, and my parents took him last year, I'm thinking it will be even more magical this time, now that he's the ripe ol' age of 4. Meanwhile, my Raleigh will be hanging at home with a sitter (assuming she's showing good progress with her leg pain by that point). But. I'm thinking by next year, she'll be ready for her own circus viewing debut!

...That I am just about ready to get started on the nursery, and I can't wait! I've been pinning ideas left and right to a secret Pinterest board (so as not to give away the sex of the baby), and I hope the reality turns out as well as my vision. I am definitely ready to dive in and get started!

And with that, I would offer a warm hug and bid you adieu as we kick off the weekend and try to soak in all it has to offer. Enjoy your caffeine buzz, and I'll see you next time!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive in the snow for very long. I hope you enjoy your date with the little guy tomorrow! I hope Raleigh feels better and you get to go out. I love getting decorating ideas on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete