Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wee One Wednesday: 31 Weeks

Another Wednesday, another Wee One post. Yippee!!! It is crazy to think I only have seven more of these to write (since Baby Lu will be born at exactly 39 weeks, the 38 week post will be my last). Sheesh!

This last week has been a rough one in our house, with all four of us suffering from the dreaded stomach virus at one point or another. I am still pretty nauseous from it after it totally took me out all day Monday, although I'm thinking some of my residual symptoms are now pregnancy-related. Here's hoping this nausea doesn't remain constant over the next two months.

On a positive note, we have made GREAT strides in the nursery, and it is coming together nicely. Of my three babies, it is definitely my favorite nursery. I can't wait to put the final touches on over the next month or so. Yay!

Size of the Baby: Sweet Baby Lu is now over 16 inches long and weighs approximately 3 1/3 pounds, about the size of a coconut. Really?? That's it? He/she feels more like the size of a bowling ball at this point. Wowzer. 

Symptoms: Back pain. Reflux. Loooooow pelvic bone pain when I stand up after I've been sitting for awhile. Nausea. The worst leg cramps yet. :( :( :( So. A pretty rough week, symptom-wise, for this Momma. 

Movement: OhmygoodLord. This child is a mover and a shaker. This week, he/she has been moving like CRAZY!! Some days, it is almost non-stop! I'm guessing he/she is trying to get all his/her wiggles out before the confines of my stomach become too crowded for such crazy dance parties. Loving it!

Sleep: Pretty good this week! I do wake a few times a night: 9 times out of 10 because I have managed to roll over on my back and am having some trouble breathing--easily solved once I just roll 90 degrees to my side and drift off back to sleep. 

What I Miss: Not having back aches. My belly feels SO heavy by the end of the day, and there has been more than one night recently that I end up in bed right after dinner with a heating pad on high to soothe the aches and pains in my lower back. 

Cravings: The usual suspects: Sweets. Margaritas. 

The Belly: 
(I had to use a different mirror this week since the other one is currently being painted white)

I have my next appointment tomorrow (shout out to my sweet friend, Sarah, who is watching Banks and Raleigh so I can go it alone!) and will have an appointment update next week. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment