Monday, July 1, 2013

Currently...Again...

Back in February, I wrote a post about what was currently the haps in my life (Oh man. That last sentence makes me sound like I am trying WAY too hard to be cool. Way too hard. Just pretend you never read that, okay?). Anywho. I thought this was as good a time as any for an update. So. Off we go:

Loving...Summer time with my babies! This is my first summer as a stay-at-home Momma, and we are taking full advantage of the great outdoors. It is so nice not to be cooped up inside our home, or other places, during the day, especially because 3.5-year-old boys have a LOT of energy. So, we play outside every single day: we pool it, we walk it, we kick it, we sport it, we run it, we bike it, we wagon it, we stroller it, we slip-n-slide it, we playground it, we jog it, we sprinkler it, we sidewalk chalk it, we rock-hunt it, we picnic it, we not-inside-it, at some point every day. And I am lovin' it. 


Reading...Sadly, nothing right now, except for my usual blogs. I'm in need of a new book. I've heard Sparkly Green Earrings is good; so, I'm thinking that may be next. 

Waiting for...Football season to start. Go Tigers!! We've had the same season tickets for many years now, and we try to go back for as many home games as possible. This year, our season kicks off with a HUGE night game against Georgia. We've already arranged for sitters for our kids (thank you Bammy and Digby!) so that my hub and I can stay the night in Clemson after (hopefully!) cheering the Tigers on to victory. 


Excited about...Fourth of July festivities this week!! My Momma and my sister, brother-in-law, and niece are headed here on the 4th to go to our big neighborhood pool party with us. Then, the men are headed to Charleston for the weekend (minus my little buddy, who will be playing the role of the man of the house for a few days) and the ladies are going to get in lots of playtime with our kiddos while we sip adult beverages and chat away. Heaven on Earth! I can't wait. 

Trying to...Think more about the impression I leave on others. I hope it's a good one, not because I am trying to impress anyone around me, but because I want to be a positive influence on the world. I think that looking first to the impact I have on any one in my immediate vicinity is a good place to start. And I have recently been questioning whether there is a discrepancy in how I think I am perceived versus how I am actually perceived. I am trying to reconcile the two, with the hope that the ultimate impression is a true, genuine perception of a true, genuine person. 


Working on...Incorporating productive feedback into personal changes. See above. 

Enjoying...Putting myself out there: Scheduling playdates with people I've never met before. Sending in a submission to be an extra on Homeland (If you don't watch, stop what you're doing. Pick up your remote. Start watching it On Demand or through Netflix. You're welcome. See you in 25 hours). It can be a little intimidating to do new things. But also? Fun. Even when I don't get the part. 

Using...My Rodan + Fields regimen religiously and seeing really positive results! Honestly. I get no kickback from this endorsement. I just think it works. 


Wearing...My new "L" necklace almost every day. I love it. It is small. It is simple. It can be layered with more elaborate necklaces. Oh, and it was cheap. Thank you online bargain shopping.

Planning...The final details of my baby sister's bachelorette party. Woot! Woot! The secret's out. We are headed to Asheville in just a few short weeks to spoil a very deserving bride and soak up some much-needed girl time. And, thanks to my awesome sister-in-law, Jamie, we will be living it up in style in a gorgeous place. That's all I'll say for now since my littlest sister reads this blog. But it is going to be F-U-N.


Singing...My baby girl her nap and bedtime songs and listening to her sing with me. Makes me smile every time. She's going to be a singer, that one. 

Needing...To capture the last few photos for my book. I'm getting closer. Much, much closer. But. There is still quite a bit of work that needs to be done even after all the photos are collected. So for now? I am just focusing on gathering the final photos. Baby steps. 


Learning...To stay calm when I feel frazzled. To remain cool and collected when my temper starts to flare. Trying, trying, trying to be patient and understanding. I've made some progress, I think. But. Still. Miles to go before I sleep... 

Listening to...The ocean waves...of my babies' sound machines while they nap. Boo (for fake waves that is. Not Boo for good naps.). A girl can dream, though, right?! (see below).


Wishing...For good things for good people. 

Doing...Some planning with regard to home decor. Did I mention that ONE room in our house is done after almost nine months of living here? Yeah. That's about to change. 

Dreaming of...One last beach vacation this summer. I am itching to go back, even if just for a long weekend. I don't know if we'll be able to pull it off this summer (it's amazing how quickly summer weekends fill up!), but I'm keeping my fingers, toes, and bikini strings crossed...




No comments:

Post a Comment