Friday, November 29, 2013

Coffee Date Friday: Black Friday Edition

Hello Friends! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and stuffed your bellies as full of turkey as humanly possibly. We enjoyed a quick, fun visit to Aiken to spend the first half of the day with my "in law" side of the family before returning home to Fort Mill to enjoy the rest of the day with my side of the family. Yep. That's right. Two Thanksgiving dinners. But hey? I'm eating for two; so, that means two dinners is fine, right? Right? 

Chef Banks, helping Pop prepare the SIX turkeys he fried!

My sweet babies, ready to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with Nana

The three little Lutons, the smallest of whom enjoyed his/her first turkey from the comfort of my belly

Thanksgiving Day Part 2, playing with Bammy in Fort Mill

Beautiful (and delicious!) Thanksgiving Feast #2

Anywho, I just wanted to stop by to say hello but will have to skip our coffee date today in honor of a family tradition. The ladies of my side of the family are out and about, Black Friday shopping. We have been doing it for years and years, with our typical posse including my grandma, momma, aunt, sisters, and cousins, with a baby thrown in every now and again. This year, our crowd is smaller but the tradition carries on. And honestly? Even though we usually just purchase an item or two, we always make it a point to go together, for the fun of walking through the crowd-filled malls and always, ALWAYS hitting the highlight of the day, a sit down lunch complimented by Bloody Marys for all, with my grandmother so kindly and insistently covering the bill for the rest of us. It's one of my favorite afternoons of the year. :) 

Our 2012 annual Black Friday shopping lunch

Before I go, I would wish you a hap, hap, happy weekend. I would also say with all my resounding, loud and proud, Clemson alumnus and former Rally Cat might, 

GO TIGERS!!!! 

See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment