Monday, November 25, 2013

Counting Our Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving Week, friends! As we kick of the week of thanks, I wanted to highlight a few things I am thankful for, as well as a few things my little buddy, Banks, is thankful for. 

So. In no particular order: 


I am thankful for my faith and my growing relationship with Christ. 

I am thankful for friends, near and far, new and old. 

I am thankful to be married to a man who is the most incredible father I've ever known. I am thankful I get to spend my life watching him love our babies and be their hero. 



I am thankful for the warm home we live in and the food on our table. 

I am thankful for education, both that which I have achieved in my life as well as that which my children are receiving as they begin their life of formal learning. 

I am thankful for preschools that put on adorable Thanksgiving feasts. 



I am thankful for this blog, a place I come to document our lives, storing our memories here as a keepsake. 

I am thankful for my freedom. 

I am thankful for my babies, all 2.5 of them. :) 



I am thankful for my health as well as the health of my hub and kiddos. 

I am thankful for the women and role models in my life, especially my Momma and mother "in law."

I am thankful for Clemson University, where my hub and I met and fell in love, and continue to spend many a Fall Saturday, tailgating with friends and cheering on our Tigers. 



I am thankful for life. To be living. To be breathing. 

I am thankful for the opportunity to stay home with my children, spending my days watching them learn, love, and grow. 

I am thankful for this guy, with whom I will celebrate 10 years of marriage next summer. 



I am thankful for hot coffee on cold mornings. 

I am thankful for YOU. Thank you for coming here, time and again, reading my latest entries and supporting my blog through your kindness. 

I am thankful for family. More than anything in the world. Family. 



And now, the things my Banks listed as those that he is thankful for, in no particular order:



God
Our house
Nana
Horsies
My toys
Spiders
My teachers
Cars
Digby
Grayson
Cooper (our dog)
Pop
Bammy
Cameron
Daddy
Santa
My friends
Maddie
Mommy
Myself
Raleigh
The Panthers
Jesus
The Tigers
The TV
Brantley
The Lion King

I love the emphasis on people and relationships that dominates his list. I think he nailed it. 

We are thankful for each other, for family, for friends, for people. We are thankful for YOU. 

Happy Thanksgiving week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment