Friday, November 22, 2013

Coffee Date Friday: The Giving Back Edition

Gooooood morning and TGIF! Geez, TGIF is right. My hub was traveling from Tuesday morning through Thursday evening, and this pregnant Momma of two (and a half :) ) is worn plain out. That's okay, though. That's why we have coffee, right? 

This morning, were we to meet for our weekly coffee date (via Rags to Stitches), I would brew us some Dunkin Donuts coffee, pour in some pumpkin spice creamer, and invite you to pull up a chair in front of our fireplace as I shared the following about moi: 

...That later today, our little family is off to Aiken, where we will spend tomorrow morning organizing and distributing Thanksgiving meals for those in need in the community. Thanks to the generous donations of our family and friends, both near and far, we reached our goal of over $3000, which means over 80 families will have full, delicious, Thanksgiving meals to enjoy with their loved ones next week. 

...That I ordered my first few Christmas gifts!! Yippee!! And our family Christmas cards came in the mail yesterday!! Hooray!! I know it's still pre-Thanksgiving, but given that turkey day is a week later than usual, these little bits of holiday spirit don't bother me one bit. :) 

...That I love the days when my Raleigh rocks her little mohawk (as styled by Daddy), although, I will admit, her attitude increases 10-fold those days!


...That my hub and I are really enjoying our Bible study. There are eight (awesome!) couples in our group, and we had fun hosting the group at our crib last night. We feel so blessed to have found this group and so look forward to continuing to grow in our faith and friendship.

...That we have a super fun, super secret Christmas trip planned with two of our closest Fort Mill couples and their kiddos coming up in December, and I am so stinkin' excited about it I can hardly stand it!!! I cannot WAIT to see the looks on my babies' faces when they realize what's happening...

...That I ordered a new book after a girlfriend (Hi Emily!) mentioned how awesome it was for Mommas of boys the other day. I cannot disagree. I am only a few chapters in, but I LOVE it. Boys are simply a different breed than girls, in so many ways. This book is helping me to better understand the workings of my life-loving little boy, from developmental, physiological, emotional, and social perspectives. Be still my psychology-loving heart. Seriously, though, if you are a Momma to a little boy, I HIGHLY recommend it!!!  



...That I am so sorry for going on and on about the oh-so-delicious Chestnut Praline Latte from Starbucks. Apparently, it is being tested in a few select locations, with our little Fort Mill 'Bucks being one of them. I had a few people tell me that tried to order it at their own Starbucks to no avail. Have no fear, though. It is so delicious I have no doubt the rest of the country will follow suit and make it a regular on the menu soon! 

...That, one week from tomorrow, my hub and I will join family members and friends alike in Columbia, South Carolina, for all-day tailgating, followed by a trip into Williams Brice stadium for the 7:00 pm kickoff of the Clemson/Carolina game. Fingers crossed that (1) My Tigers take down those obnoxious Gamecocks and end our 4-year losing streak, and (2) I am able to make it past my usual early bedtime, especially since I'll be surrounded by tens of thousands of fans. Hopefully, the rockin' stadium atmosphere will help. 

...That after over 11 years together, this man is still the best decision I ever made. I am so looking forward to having more time with him over the next month, when work will slow down a bit. 


And with that, I would spend some time checking in with YOU, hearing about your holiday plans as well as what else is going on in life for you right now. I would thank you for being a good friend as we finished the last sips of our coffee and started off our weekend with another cup o' joe. 

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment